Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The silver ring thing...

For my first substantive post:

So what do you think? I'm doing it. I've been reading all sorts of studies about whether it's effective or not. Seems like the churches are telling everyone the truth about how well it works, but the atheists are screaming like mad that everyone should just go have sex all over the place. I don't know. It's working for me. Don't get me wrong, I like kissing. But keep your hands over there to yourself, buddy.

:)

11 Eloquent Orations:

On 6/29/2006 08:14:00 PM, Blogger IAMB waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The churches telling the truth? Doubt it.

So far all studies have pointed the opposite direction as far as the stats go.

Doesn't matter anyway. If you've made the commitment to abstinence I applaud your courage, especially in the world you live in today. A ring won't make a difference in your choice if said choice is made honestly.

I don't know where you've heard these nasty things about atheists, though... there's no "screaming like mad" from here. We advocate responsibility in choices that comes from knowledge rather than the sheltering approach. I've had many friends on both sides of the issue (one of my best friends is devoutly religious) and many acquaintances as well, and it seems that the ones never given a proper education in the sex area are the ones who end up in trouble simply because of naievety.

It's basic human nature to be curious and to be sexual, and that's not wrong in and of itself. It's a choice, and you've chosen to save yourself. That's good. However, the basic fact is that people will do it whether you want them to or not, so it's also wise that they be prepared and know what they might be getting into.

 

On 6/29/2006 08:44:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Again, just to be sure you don't miss it, please see my reply to your first comment here.

Are you propositioning me? (Just kidding, of course. It just sounds like a typical guy attempt to talk a girl into bed. I assume, of course that that's not what you're doing, it just really struck me as funny, the way you worded your comment.) I hope you have a good sense of humor.

Again, thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll take the time to hang out a while.

 

On 6/30/2006 06:04:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Kayla! You better watch it with the "Jesus", or I'll tell your Dad.

(JK, but do watch that here, ok?)

Second of all, I'm not trying to get any booty of any kind from any where. And you better not be, either.

Besides, when you're a little older you'll understand about older guys.

:)

Love Aunt JanieBelle

 

On 7/01/2006 06:28:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I love you too, Kayla.

Sometimes I wonder about you though!

Love Aunt JanieBelle

XOXOXOXOXOXO

 

On 7/09/2006 06:00:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well so much for the ring thing.

Score one for the Corps!

OOORAH!

K

 

On 7/12/2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, I think the Corps has scored a lot more than once, my darling devil.

J

 

On 7/22/2006 07:30:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You're right. It's starting to look like a basketball score.

K

 

On 8/11/2006 02:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

there was something in the paper here a few days ago. let me see if I can find it.
vino

 

On 8/11/2006 03:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Blast. I can't find it now. I'll hunt it down eventually. But for now you may get a laugh out of this.

StarNewsOnline
vino

 

On 8/11/2006 05:56:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, I have to add that paper to the left sidebar!

That's a funny article. Who wudda thunk to do that?

And who knew there even WAS a sex museum?

Exactly how far is it to Manhatten from here????

 

On 8/11/2006 05:59:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Let me know when you find what you were looking for. I get an email whenever someone comments on any thread, so I'll know, even though it won't show up in the recent comments on the home page. (The recent comments script only shows comments on threads still on the front page.)

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.