Friday, July 28, 2006

The Smilie Thread

Here's the list.


Ok, first of all a warning. My "recent comments" script can't digest the smilies, so don't put them close to the top of your comment. Blank lines and spaces don't help, because they apparently get stripped out.

So PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FEW LINES OF TEXT BEFORE YOU INSERT ANY SMILIES!

Thanks.

Ok remove the spaces from any of the following, and you'll get the smilie you see next to it.

; ) -- ;)
; - ) -- ;-)
: D -- :D
: - D -- :-D
: B ) -- :B)
: B - ) -- :B-)
: x -- :x
: X -- :X
: - x -- :-x
: - X -- :-X
: - ( -- :-(
: ( -- :(
: o -- :o
: O -- :O
: - o -- :-o
: - O -- :-O
: p -- :p
: P -- :P
: - p -- :-p
: - P -- :-P
: ) -- :)
: - ) -- :-)
: - k -- :-k
: - K -- :-K
: R O F L M A O -- :ROFLMAO
: L O L -- :LOL
; p i r a t e : -- ;pirate:

If there are any you'd care to have added, let me know. I'll be adding from time to time as I feel like it.

(Thanks go to BestSmileys.com where I got most of these, and where most of them are hosted.)



12 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/28/2006 04:21:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

There are a couple duplicates, I'll address them later.

:-K

JanieBelle

 

On 7/28/2006 04:27:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And yes, I'm aware that IE is still choking on the javascript.

I can't see what's wrong with it.

My advice: Get a better browser.

:-K

 

On 7/28/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Is it weird to get wasted and sing love songs to your dog in public?

I mean, we both enjoyed it and that's all that should count, right?

Jerry Jeff Walker, Lynard Skynard, and Billy Joe Shaver were on the turntable, er cd changer, tonight.

 

On 7/29/2006 04:54:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Our rule of thumb aboard Lejeune is this: "If you don't wind up in the brig, it must've been good. If you do, it must've been better, right?"

Nothing wrong with getting drunk and singing to the dog. We all went out one time last year to celebrate a Gunny's retirement. HE got drunk and and sang and danced with a MOP.

It's all good, Dave, but next time - get us some video.

:)

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 7/29/2006 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Lifewish waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Is it weird to get wasted and sing love songs to your dog in public?

Nah, but it's not something you want to do if you're anywhere near a Las Vegas church, in case the dog wants you to make an honest canine of him/her.

Incidentally, I love the :ROFLMAO smiley

 

On 7/29/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Lifewish!

Glad you like the smilie.

Good to see you commenting.

Kisses,
JanieBelle and Kate

 

On 7/30/2006 09:36:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

There needs to be a Pirate smiley. I guess a Ninja would do in a pinch, but Pirates are cooler.

 

On 7/30/2006 09:52:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

There is. Look up above, I've added one.

Also check your email. There's a special one for you.

There needs to be a Pirate smiley. I guess a Ninja would do in a pinch, but Pirates are cooler.

Kate tells me pirates have something to do with global warming.

Pasta, anyone?

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 7/30/2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Kick Ass! And, "Aaaarrggghhhhh!" I have indeed been touched by His Noodley Appendage. I also do my best to lower global temperature in all of my shows, He has told me that pirate death-clowns count.

Also, everyone can support the cause every September 19th. That's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Go to their site and spread the word.

Aaaarrrgghhhhh! ;pirate:--

Start it with a semi-colon, blipey. The colon was giving the tongue guy. Here's your special one, though. :blipey: - jb

 

On 7/31/2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

that one's awesome. thanx. And thank-you for the proper start character. I apparently can't read.

 

On 7/31/2006 12:39:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You are always welcome, blipey.

Forgive me if I've been bitchy. There's a lot going on, and I'm kind of frustrated.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/07/2006 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Lifewish waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Start it with a semi-colon, blipey. The colon was giving the tongue guy.

Why not swap the bits of javascript handling the tongue and pirate smileys? That way it'll handle 'em properly without any weird semicolons needed.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.