Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Culture Wars

While I'm on the subject, let me just say that I've done my best to avoid the culture wars. I don't really have any interest in them at all. I'm not out to convert the world.


On the other hand, let me just say this about that. Science should be open and accessable to all. The idea that Darwinism can't be challenged is ridiculous. Science advances through new concepts. When new concepts are censored, nobody wins. Least of all science.

So I'm not of the opinion that there is any need to prove that God exists. I don't think it's even possible. But scientific ideas like Intelligent Design certainly are suggestive. That's why so many scientists oppose it. They are deathly afraid that if people hear about the truth, they will be driven away from atheism, and that is a direct threat to the agenda of the liberal left.

Intelligent Design (as they see it anyway) is a direct threat to their need to be not accountable for their actions, and that scares them.

If you've got a couple of extra bucks, go check out the two books I have links for on the side bar.


3 Eloquent Orations:

On 6/29/2006 08:04:00 PM, Blogger IAMB waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You really don't have a clue of what science is really about, do you...

We haven't "censored" ID at all. They're more than welcome to publish in the proper journals. Funny thing is, they seem to be allergic to submitting work.

If all sorts of ID research is going on, why is it, do you think, that the entire publication list from Discovery institute (books don't count as scientific publications) is smaller than the list for many first and second year professors... by themselves?

They seem to have skipped the "research" phase of the Wedge and gone straight to the "publicity" phase.

For the record: if ID ever does something that amounts to research, I wouldn't hold it back.

 

On 6/29/2006 08:39:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

First, please note my response to your first comment on my blog.

Second, when you say "we", does this mean you're a scientist of some sort?

The ID folks tell me that they've done all sorts of science. I'm open to hear your side if you can explain your position politely.

JanieBelle

 

On 7/03/2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Closing this thread due to incivility.

 

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.