Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It Is On

The oven, that is. And it'll probably not stop until January 2nd or 3rd. I've done a peanut butter pie, the coleslaw (neither of which require the oven, of course), and just pulled the first apple pie out of the oven. The turkey goes in next.

Oh, and by the way. I am the Goddess of pie. My pie is to die for.

Oh, and I bake, too.

HAHAHAHAHA!

My apple pie really IS to die for. It's home made from scratch - including the crust. And I even do a Splenda varient for my diabetic Grand Aunt, and usually it gets scarfed just as fast as the regular one, because nobody can tell which is which.

Dudes, I ROCK the kitchen.

And I can cook pretty well, too!

Kisses!

8 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/23/2006 12:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

'Peanut butter pie'???

 

On 11/23/2006 01:44:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh yeah.

I have a bakery reserved right between the stripper factory and the beer volcano, which will make Heaven perfect.

The chocolate pie is done, too, btw.

 

On 11/23/2006 01:57:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Want the recipe?

It involves peanut butter, cool whip, vanilla, cream cheese, and evaporated milk.

Take a little more than a cup of peanut butter, 12 oz of cool whip, about a tsp. of vanilla, a block of Philly cream cheese, and half a can of evaporated milk. Blend it all together really well, and taste it. Adjust it as necessary to taste. You can mix in some powdered sugar if you want, but I never do.

It should be about the consistancy of Country Crock margarine.

Umm... Thinner than peanut butter, but not soupy. You should have to spoon it into a pie crust, not pour it.

You can put it into a graham cracker or chocolate crust, store bought is fine for this.

Throw it in the fridge for a few hours to stiffen it up a little, but let it thaw out a bit before you serve it, so it's not hard or crumbly. It should be cold enough for a slice to hold together, but warm enough to be smooth and creamy.

Try it a couple times, then get fancy. Add some melted baking chocolate to it, for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sort of taste, top it with some more cool whip, and decorate with some fresh strawberries (when they're in season).

Peanut butter pie is easy, and it's always a hit.

 

On 11/23/2006 02:54:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Someone who doesn't know what peanut butter pie is??? Arden, shame on you.

I will have to try your Splenda pie, I suppose. I will admit, I'm a little leery; Splenda has a completely horrible after-taste even though it does taste exactly like sugar for a couple seconds.

Anyone know what happened in the lawsuit(s?) over Splenda being "made with sugar"?

 

On 11/23/2006 08:19:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You're right about the after-taste, blipey, but I go light on the sugar, so I go light on the Splenda.

I also tend to go a little heavy on the cinnamon, and I put a little cinnamon in the crust.

Also, when you put the apple pie in the oven, don't forget to put little dollops of butter (I use margarine) all over the top of the pie, to keep it from getting hard. (I do a lace top sometimes, so I smear the butter on, so it doesn't just melt down into the pie filling.

Tips from Janie Crocker.

 

On 11/23/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, and I wasn't aware of a lawsuit.

I'll have to look into that, now. In five years, they'll figure out it's carcinogenic....

Crap.

 

On 11/23/2006 02:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I have a bakery reserved right between the stripper factory and the beer volcano, which will make Heaven perfect.

Okay, that is pure Lou. That is NOT Janie.

I'm a California boy. That peanut butter pie sounds totally rockin (tho I'm terrified of what it would do to my cholesterol), but aside from Bakersfield Okies, I bet no one in California has ever made it. I bet Lou picked it up in Nawth Carolahna, since I bet they don't make it in Philly. Am I right?

Now PECAN pie, that is a T-day dessert...

 

On 11/23/2006 05:34:00 PM, Blogger Lou FCD waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Good call, Arden.

That actually was me, I forgot to log her out and log myself in. We were all pretty busy the last few days so it was bound to happen.

Janie's peanut butter pie recipe was actually handed down to us from my late mother-in-law, who was born and raised in western West Virginia, and lived most of her adult life in Eastern Kentucky.

Close, though. I certainly never heard of it growing up in Philly.

Janie does a much better job than I do.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.