Thursday, August 10, 2006

Positive Evidence

For the Intelligently Designed Cell


The Institute for Nanobiomedical Technology and Membrane Biology in Chengdu, China has made a prediction based on Intelligent Design of the cell.

Says Sloan Kulper, a former Massachusetts Institute of Technology architectural student who once took a biology class,
"When I took Shuguang's course, I was thrilled to learn that structural biologists had developed such an amazing language for describing new and complex forms...Also, structural biology is basically concerned with the sort of geometries that architects and designers often work with, though on a completely different scale."

The instructor for that class, Shuguang Zhang, associate director of the Center for Biomedical Engineering at MIT, frequently discussed similarities between architecture and structures in biology.

There are some artist's conceptions of what this cell will look like. Zhang says they are inspired by
"elegantly folded protein structures and their simple and beautiful structural motifs,"

You can check out the Intelligently Designed Cell at LiveScience.com, a fairly respectable layman's science site, near as I can tell.

Remember, I'm not a biologist, but I did my very best to synopsize the article accurately.

8 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/10/2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

:)

 

On 8/11/2006 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Zachriel waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Nature has produced abundant magnificent, intricate and fine molecular and cellular structures through billions of years of molecular selection and evolution," Zhang said.

Humans have tried to adapt aspects of nature for as long as culture has existed. This means everything from creating artificial rivers and ponds, wings from the study of birds, and shamanistic rituals to inhabit artifacts with the power of nature.

 

On 8/11/2006 08:40:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

What?

Quote mine? Who, me?

I hope you got a laugh out of the way I set that up.

:)

 

On 8/11/2006 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Zachriel waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

JanieBelle: "Quote mine? Who, me?"

And you looked so innocent standing there with that snake.

 

On 8/11/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

It's the innocent looking ones you have to watch out for.

 

On 8/14/2006 12:37:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

This thread is new;
Still lacking form.
No time to take on life,
To wind and wend,
Or become a part of us.
Still, 'tis old enough
To find a shortness,
A failing in its little time.
There is no Dave,
No Scot, no Tard.
In fact, there is only title,
No response.
Surely, he will grace us,
Gift us, leave us one last jot--
A parting blow to leave us:
Shattered, broken, longing...
For a paradigm new and bright,
One based on, I'm almost positive:
Evidence?

 

On 8/14/2006 07:04:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Nicely done, blipey!

I want to try to get a literature post up before we head out today, but the day is pretty packed with last minute details. I don't think it's going to happen because I just don't have the time to put into a really substantial post.

If you want to come up with something to start things off and email it to me, I'll copy and paste it into its own thread.

By the way, has Dave actually announced he's not going to comment here anymore, and if so, why?

I haven't had anything come through the inbox about it, so I'm assuming you're reacting to something he said at UD. I don't have time to go look, though.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/14/2006 09:38:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I am only guessing, but I am working with very strong pieces of evidence. DaveScot doesn't actually like discussing things--rather he likes bloviating about things. This is why he was comfortable at UD; no dissenting voices to be answered.

Now, on nuetral (or reasonably so) venues, he'd go at it for a while (a day or two) then give up his argument because he had no answers. See Alan Fox's blog or any of the previous threads here at UDoJ.

So, it's just his MO to leave places he can't control...I think this will be hastened by the fact that he's crawling, like a little girl, back to UD.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.