Saturday, August 05, 2006

Through The Looking Glass, Down The Rabbit Hole

Apparently, we took the blue pill.


Since it seems to be the most popular subject on the interweb these days, we've decided to "go with the flow". Why not? What the Hell, it drives traffic, and if that's what you, our readers want to talk about, who are we to argue?

Our inbox now has over 2,000 emails in it. Now most of that is from the blog. We get an email every time someone comments.

We had a bunch of hatemail a while back, but that's trickled off now, for which I am eternally grateful.

But now we're getting swamped with thoughts on who we "REALLY" are. Without naming names of accusers, here's a pretty complete list (I think I got them all) of your thoughts:

#1 Far and away, the readers' choice is DaveScot.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order) go to

Steve Story, a very distant second
Wesley Elsberry
PZ Meyers
William A. Dembski
MorphoDyke (that's just offensive)
Somebody named Kat who apparently has some issues and goes around pretending to be other people
k.e
deadman_932
somebodyelse
James Wynne
Ghost of Paley (also offensive)
Arden Chatfield


There are some other, much less popular, but no less interesting choices

jujuquisp
Josh Bozeman (both offensive and stupid - that boy is dumber than a rock)
Joel Borofsky
blipey
Dohn A. Javison (that one deserves a black eye)
BWE


We give up. You win. The answer is yes. We are all of the above. In fact, we are YOU.

Any other thoughts? Any choice you care to discuss, feel free.

Just keep it in this thread, please.

34 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/05/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And yes, I'm aware that the Matrix reference is bass ackwards.

Get over it, it works better this way for me.

:)

 

On 8/05/2006 01:02:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You know what's funny? Not one single person has accused us of being Ichthyic.

Perhaps we are more clever than you realize,

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

 

On 8/05/2006 01:09:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, and one more little thing. There are four guys all emailing us, offering their help in our charade.

It's very sweet of you all... in a weird Twilight Zone kind of way.

But please, STOP HELPING!

Thanks,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 02:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hey, we could have a revival of "What's My Line?" based on just our little region of the blogosphere.

Anybody else here miss, or at least remember, Kitty Carlisle?

Wesley R. Elsberry

 

On 8/05/2006 02:08:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Now, I've heard of Kitty Carlisle, but I have to admit I'm clueless as to who she is.

(google says a game show thing, people guess what job the person has, or who the person is? You'll have to explain it, I'm having a brain freeze and it's not sinking in.)

And of course, in keeping with the theme of this thread...

How do we know you're really Wesley Elsberry?

I mean, we would be incredibly flattered and all, but...

 

On 8/05/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Never mind, wiki got it unfrozen for me....

 

On 8/05/2006 02:18:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"And of course, in keeping with the theme of this thread...

How do we know you're really Wesley Elsberry?"


Unless, of course we WERE you, in which case we WOULD know. Unless we were suffering from multiple personality disorder, in which case we wouldn't know, but we might suspect...

 

On 8/05/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hey, if you are me, do I get to live in the nice new house? Or better, do I get to go to England?

If either of the above are true, I would like to submit myself for being you.

If neither, I'd just like to admit myself.

 

On 8/05/2006 02:39:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

blipey,

YOU can go ANYWHERE with us, sexy man. In fact, there's lots of places we'd like to take you...

Heaven, for starters.... Hell might be more fun, though..

;)

And I see your travels will bring you down this way in the not so distant future, conveniently enough for us...

Kisses,
JanieBelle and Kate

 

On 8/05/2006 02:41:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

blipey,

Question... do you know where Wes is from? You don't have to give his exact location, we're just trying to figure out if that was really him, or if someone is playing...

Kisses,
jb&k

 

On 8/05/2006 02:56:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Never mind, blipey. According to This page he's in Texas, but the commenter is in Australia.

Swing and a miss.

Wow, we were excited there for a minute...

Oh well, we can laugh at a good joke.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 03:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Name that reference:

"I'm Janie Belle, and so's my wife!"


It's gotta be Steve Story. Both of you guys are in North Carolina, that proves it to my satisfaction. :-)

 

On 8/05/2006 03:44:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, Dave. What the Hell was that about? What's up with Thailand?

Kisses,

(just so you all don't think we're crazy, Dave had a post here, but then it disappeared.)

OH, wait. Forgot, you all already do think we're crazy. Carry on.

 

On 8/05/2006 03:45:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Arden.

We're you, too. Your name's on the list.

JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 03:48:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh I see. I get it now.

Easy to spoof the ol blogometer.

 

On 8/05/2006 03:49:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Greetings from Thailand!

Sorry about the removed posting. It said the same thing but I hadn't deboarded and the 1st class cabin's phone jacks were routed through a U.S. carrier and no one would believe me. I'm in the terminal in Bangkok now.

 

On 8/05/2006 03:49:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Nice spoof, you're actually showing up in both Austin and Bangkok at the same time.

 

On 8/05/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

hmmmm... you know, you really need to show me how to do that....

;)

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 03:57:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Allright, who broke the damned home page?????

 

On 8/05/2006 04:01:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Name that reference:

"I'm Janie Belle, and so's my wife!"


No idea, Arden... lay it on me.

 

On 8/05/2006 04:12:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'll show you how to get to Bangkok if you figure out how to allow < strike > < /strike > tags in comments. It's one of my favorite comedic tools!

 

On 8/05/2006 04:16:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Funny you should mention that. I've been looking for a way to allow more format tags in the comments, but no luck just yet. I think blipey made the same complaint a while back.

For the moment, you could make your comment and add a note at the end indicating where you want them. I can edit your comment and add the strike tags from here and erase the note at the end.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 04:22:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I seem to have misplaced your email address. Ping me (I'll add it to my address book this time) and I'll tell you how to get to Bangkok. As you can see, I'm back in Austin now. I came back via Singapore Airlines. Besides the the hottest stews and the best food SA now has matter transporters. Beam me up, Scotty.

 

On 8/05/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Consider yourself pinged.... but you could have just clicked my name and looked at my profile....

Kisses,

JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 06:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'm fairly sure you aren't me, although whether that is fortunate or unfortunate I suppose depends on your viewpoint...
guthrie

 

On 8/05/2006 06:38:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"I'm fairly sure you aren't me, although whether that is fortunate or unfortunate I suppose depends on your viewpoint..."

Like Ichthyic, you are one of the few who stand mysteriously unaccused....

Are you CERTAIN you're not us? or we're not you? or whatever?

How can you be so sure?

You know those blackouts you've been having...

Kisses,
you

 

On 8/05/2006 06:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Name that reference:

"I'm Janie Belle, and so's my wife!"

No idea, Arden... lay it on me.

Monty Python's Life of Brian. The final scene where everyone's 'hanging around' crucified.

Considering how many science nerds like Monty Python movies, I'm surprised no one caugh it. :-(

 

On 8/05/2006 08:07:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"Never mind, blipey. According to This page he's in Texas, but the commenter is in Australia."


And yet This page at AtBC would seem to indicate it was, in fact, Dr. Elsberry. On vacation, perhaps?

Wow, we get all the famous blogoverse people here.

Welcome, Dr. Elsberry. Very kind of you to have dropped by.

JanieBelle and Kate

 

On 8/06/2006 12:39:00 AM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Okay, okay; ask and you shall receive.

I accuse BOTH Ichthyic and guthrie of being you, simultaneously. The resultant rip in the space-time continuum has caused it to be very VERY (unpleasantly) hot in Kansas City. Shame on everyone involved, whoever you are or are not.

Any donations to the air conditioning fund would be appreciated.

 

On 8/06/2006 04:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Would the real Wesley R. Elsberry please stand up?

 

On 8/06/2006 05:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

My memory isnt that great, but even I would remember stuff about a mudhole...
guthrie

 

On 8/06/2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You kill me sometimes, too..."Bud".

You can stop playing with the anonymizer anytime now.

:)

 

On 8/06/2006 10:58:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"My memory isnt that great, but even I would remember stuff about a mudhole..."

I should hope so!

;-)

 

On 8/07/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

For Dr. Elsberry,

I just saw your comment over at AtBC about whois searches.

Actually, I didn't do a whois, I was just going by what the Sitemeter stats said. I was curious if it was really you, or someone impersonating you.

According to the sitemeter, the only person who hit the comment page around that time was in Perth, Western Australia, if I recall correctly.

A quick google popped up your CV thing which told me that you're in TX, so I figured it was someone playing a joke. When you mentioned it at AtBC, I just figured you must have popped in while on vacation, or off on a field trip or whatever.

Guess Sitemeter ain't perfect.

Nice to know you visited my little corner of the blogoverse, though.

Hope you stop back.

JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.