Friday, November 03, 2006

I Did Not Have Sex with that Man...

In the lastest bit of fundy fun, Ted "I Art No Homo" Haggard says he did buy the meth, but didn't use it, and only got in touch with the male prostitute for a massage.

umm... yeah.

CNN's headline reads thus:

Pastor admits buying meth

A top evangelical leader who is accused of paying a male prostitute for sex admitted today he contacted his accuser "for a massage" and purchased methamphetamine from him. But the Rev. Ted Haggard said he never had sex with Mike Jones and threw away the drugs.


From the full article...

Haggard told CNN affiliate KUSA-TV on Friday that he received Jones' name as "a referral" from a hotel where he was staying in Denver.

He did not name the hotel. "I did call him," Haggard said. "I called him to buy some meth, but I threw it away."

Haggard spoke to the Denver TV station from inside a car, with his wife, Gayle, in the passenger seat.

"I was buying it for me, but I never used it. I was tempted. ...

"He told me about it. I went there for a massage."

Asked whether Haggard's admission of knowing him was a vindication, Jones replied, "Thank you. Exactly."


Repeat after me: "I didn't inhale." "I did not have sexual relations with that man."

0 Eloquent Orations:

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.