Friday, July 14, 2006

Even More Important News!

About Kate.

Back a few days ago, I mentioned that Kate had a surprise for me today...


Nope, not a chateau in the south of France. Better.

SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT!

Ok, not completely out. But she pretty much doesn't have to go back to work at all. Turns out my lover had some vacation (they call it "leave") built up, and she's taking it now. It's more than enough to carry her to the end of her contract, so she's spent all week turning in her Marine Corps stuff and doing all the final paperwork and trudging through all the red tape.

SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT! SHE'S OUT!

I'm a little excited, can you tell?

Oh, and let me tell you how that evil biatch told me.

As our faithful readers know, I've been getting up before the Almighty all week, so that I can say goodbye to Corporal Kate before she goes to work.

This morning was different. I sort of faded into conciousness. No alarm clock. I must have been dreaming about silk or something, I don't remember. My first thoughts were in sort of the order of

mmmm... warm
silk. I love silk.
or satin.
whatever.
sunlight.
sunlight?
Kate?
no Kate.
She's in the kitchen, I hear her voice.
sunlight?
CRAP, SHE OVERSLEPT!

So I hop out of bed, throw on some tap pants and a camisole, and bolt for the kitchen.

Talk about a screeching halt.

"Surprise!!!" I about had a freakin' heart attack! The three of them scared the you-know-what out of me. Screaming like that. No sense, none of them. You can KILL a person screaming at them when they just wake up like that!

There's Kate, sitting at the table, drinking coffee. In her chemise. And my sister and brother-in-law, too. So there sit the three of them, at the kitchen table, all in their underwear, drinking coffee and scaring the bejeezus out of me.

The world has indeed gone mad.

Now I know I just got done talking about how our family isn't really bashful about being half-naked around each other. But Kate's kind of new to the family, and this was sort of a first. I admit it. I suffered a ridiculous moment of awkwardness. In my defense, I was still half asleep. And desperately confused. Why was Kate still here?

So after the three Archangels of Hell got through laughing at me, Kate managed to get me calm and sitting, and got some coffee for me. (She may be a succubus, but she's a considerate one.) There was some pouting and a little cussing. I confess.

Then it got kind of funny. Colonel Jack MaGuyver (he kind of reminds me of Richard Dean Anderson before the gray hair) was doing his best to "not look" too hard while Kate got my coffee and refilled all theirs. He was failing miserably, though. Ruthie caught him eyeballing Kate's butt, of course, and yelled at him. "You know if you didn't look, I'd be worried about you!" She mortifies even me sometimes. Kate didn't even miss a beat, though. She "accidently" flashed him a little hip. Nothing much, just hip. I thought he'd turn purple after all the shades of red he went through. I half think Kate and Ruthie had it planned out ahead of time. Wouldn't surprise me, heathens. Anyways, show over, Kate sat down.

She finally gave me the whole scoop about the "leave" and all that. It's a good thing it was a REALLY good surprise, or I might be sitting in the pokey right now, awaiting arraignment.

She OWES me the chateau in France now.


25 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/14/2006 05:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thats nice. I suppose you'll be getting many more lie ins now, until your holidays finish.

(Assuming you dont find anything better to do instead of sleep.)
guthrie

 

On 7/14/2006 05:51:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, God. You just don't KNOW how much I hate seeing the sun come up.

Kate says I'm just pouting to get some attention.

(I'm not really mad, but hey, maybe there'll be some chocolate in it for me!)

 

On 7/14/2006 05:52:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You know, if you want to keep a secret from me, you probably shouldn't type it while I'm reading over your shoulder.

Doofus.

K

 

On 7/14/2006 05:53:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh yeah. I forgot you could read.

J

 

On 7/14/2006 05:54:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sorry, guthrie,

We're in a bit of a silly mood over here.

JanieBelle and Corporal Kate

 

On 7/14/2006 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hehehe.
Understandable.
I'll leave you to it.
guthrie

 

On 7/14/2006 06:03:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Always good to see you, guthrie.

We'll be around pretty much all evening. We can't get too frisky at least until Ruthie's rug rats crash out. It's Friday night, so they're allowed to stay up 'til 9.

Kisses to you from both of us.

 

On 7/14/2006 06:10:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I did not flash him any hip. You made that up.

K

 

On 7/14/2006 06:12:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Yes, you did. I saw you. You looked right at him, gave him "The Look" and pulled up the side of your chemise. You flashed him your hip. Maybe even a little butt.

I saw you, Ruthie saw you, and we KNOW HE saw you.

Huz.

J

 

On 7/14/2006 06:12:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, maybe a little hip, but no butt.

K

 

On 7/14/2006 06:14:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, maybe just a little butt.

BUTT that was an accident.

;)

K

 

On 7/14/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You are just too cute.

J

 

On 7/14/2006 06:17:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

OK you all can come back now. We're done. We don't want to break the laptop again. We can't afford to be keeping James in beer.

:)

 

On 7/14/2006 06:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

It used to be called terminal leave. And she should still have to throw on a regulation uniform and go muster out on the last day. They just have to mess with you one last time. I took 60 days terminal leave. As I recall you have to get a physical exam too so they have a record of your health on the last day lest you try to come back at some later date and claim you were injured while in the suck to get a disability claim. What's Kate's MOS - something that can be used in the civilian world? -ds

 

On 7/14/2006 06:50:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

DAVE!!!!

We've missed you!

Yep, it's still called terminal leave. And I still have to go back for a physical, final paperwork check, final gear check, final "piss Kate off" check. Standard outprocessing crap.

But mostly I'm done. Oh, two meetings with the higher ups.

MOS I'm not giving out just yet. I'm not gonna blow it now. The fewer clues, the better. Happy to discuss that with you 20Aug though.

Janie says "hi".

Almost ex Corporal Kate

(of course, there's no such thing as an ex-Marine, though)

 

On 7/14/2006 06:53:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

P.S.--- S.F.

Kate

 

On 7/15/2006 01:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

My last 30 days before terminal leave was spent confined to barracks and temporarily reduced in rank to corporal. I was kind of wild back then. Piss tests hadn't been invented yet (74-78). The story isn't fit for print. Maybe email. It involved a male sergeant, a female corporal, blood all over everything, and me naked drunk and passed out in the NCO barracks at 0700 when I was supposed to meet the top & CO at the main barracks to inspect the results of the field day I failed to supervise the night before.

I still see a couple of the guys I served with once a year when we can manage. One's in SoCal and the other western NY and I'm in Texas.

 

On 7/15/2006 01:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The last comment was supposed to have a -ds (or a -dt if you prefer) at the end of it. :-)

 

On 7/15/2006 01:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I didn't get any meetings with higher ups. They evidently held out no hope whatsoever of talking me into reenlisting and so didn't waste their time or mine. I started my short-timer's calander when I had one year and 364 days left. -ds

 

On 7/15/2006 05:56:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sounds like a good email. Janie will get a kick out of it, too. She likes hearing war stories.

"So there I was. Surrounded by 50 drunken squids and a pair of jet jockeys and all I had was my Magyver knife and a paper clip..."

How cum your not using your blogger account? Janie figured out a way to beat the spoofing trick you showed us, if you use your blogger account and upload a graphic to it. That way we know its really you.

You know I don't think much of ID, but "dt" is off limits here. We dont let anyone throw insults, no matter what their position. I've seen the people calling you that and it pisses me off. It won't happen here. You have my word on that.

Besides insults don't do anyting for someone's position. They just make that person look like a jerk.

We would really like it if you would use the blogger account and post a graphic to it. I'll let Janie know you came by when she gets up. She's not real big on mornings.

:)

K

SF

 

On 7/15/2006 06:02:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

My first meeting is with the CO, probly to get me to reup.

Umm....no.

Sorry, not a lifer. Plus I can't hide Janie forever. Plus the CIC is on my last nerve. This aint what I signed the papers for.

The second one is something different.

K

SF

 

On 7/15/2006 07:35:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sorry, that should read-

The CINC is on my last nerve.

Our CIC guys are pretty good.

 

On 7/15/2006 09:01:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

OOO! And PLUS they pay her for the left-over leave!!!

We're already planning on where to spend it, of course.

 

On 7/16/2006 09:51:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave! Where's my email with the naked drunken bloody Marine?

Also, if you have any pictures documenting aforementioned incident...

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 7/17/2006 06:47:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Yeah, Dave. Make with the email, dude!

WE WANT WAR STORIES, WE WANT WAR STORIES, WE WANT WAR STORIES!

K

(and pictures would be nice, but not required)

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.