Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Today UD, Tomorrow The World

Hurricane Jane blew in and damn near broke that interweb thingy.


Ok, that's hyperbole. But in the last few days we've seen some interesting developments in the blogosphere.

First I owe DaveScot a huge apology. I don't know if I AM responsible for how things went for you over there, but I FEEL responsible. I really and truly am sorry.

That being said, I'm not at all sorry for what I said over there. That bitch deserved it. Freak.

I see that comments over there are locked for everybody. I don't think the good Dr. wants to hear what anybody has to say about his boneheaded choice for Dave's replacement. If I am in some small way partly responsible for the comments being shut down, I deserve a whole pile of roses.

As for the aftermath of Hurricane Jane on this blog, lookie here:
This week's visitor count.

Now for that big spike in readership, we owe a great big "Thank You!" shout out to Ed Brayton, from Dispatches From the Culture Wars. I don't know if he cares much for us or not, neither of us has interacted with him at all, but he's sending huge amounts of traffic here, and we like him for that. Ed gets a whole dozen roses.

Having said that, I hope that all you folks from the Culture War who came for the spectacle, stay for the conversation. Be polite. Civil at the very least. I'm the only one allowed to throw "Rude Raving Bitch Rants" around here, and Kate is trying to help me off that horse.

Roses to Kate. A whole dozen. And a sweet, soft kiss.

I'm almost ready to drop the L bomb on her.

12 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/19/2006 11:16:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, for the record, at midnight we had seen 562 visits for the day, and exactly 2100 visits since we installed the blogometer.

That's visits, not page views.

Page views are over 11,000 total.

We seem to be moving right along.

Thanks to all of you.

JanieBelle and Kate

 

On 7/20/2006 04:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Your not trying to sell us anything, are you?
Or are you selling advertising?
;)
guthrie

 

On 7/20/2006 06:02:00 AM, Blogger LeperColony waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, that is a lot. I had 44 and I felt important.

 

On 7/20/2006 08:31:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

guthrie,

No ads, no pop-ups, and no hidden charges, that's our motto.

lepercolony,

I hope some of those came from us. I think our readership is just up because of Janie's recent trip to UD. Neither of us really expects to see those kind of numbers on a regular basis.

Kate

 

On 7/20/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger JohnADavison waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Lenyse O'Deary is a couple of cuts above Spravid Dinger as moderator of Dilliam Wembski's "Fundie groupthink."

I love ME so!

John A. Davison JAD is a doo doo head

Mouse over the raspberry, Davison. - Kate

 

On 7/20/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi John.

Like the letter transposition.

It's about as sharp as a circle.

And about as cute as a rock.

 

On 7/20/2006 02:24:00 PM, Blogger IAMB waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Clever reply, Janie, but since it's JAD you're talking to you need to end it with "How do you like them (insert noun with some kind of modifier here)". Really, it's too bad they took away his thread a PT. It was called "Davison's Soapbox" and it was quite a hoot.

 

On 7/20/2006 02:40:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

In another thread I adapted his closing line of "I love it so" which is just about the single dumbest tagline I've ever heard.

Thanks, though.

JanieBelle

 

On 7/23/2006 04:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The "I love it so" line is one from a movie Dohn Javison is evidently fond of. In 'Patton' George C. Scott says: "War. God help me. I love it so." Javison used it many times at PT last year before his banning.

vino of wil

 

On 7/23/2006 05:51:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well I'm here to tell you -- Davison is no George C. Scott.

:)

(Still working on getting smilies to work with the blog comments without having to edit and insert them manually. No luck with that yet, Sorry.)

How do you like them naked hotties?

(How was that, IAMB?)

 

On 7/23/2006 08:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well I like them naked hotties just fine. Javison though went through the entire plant, vegetable, fruit, and legume families. Maybe you should think up something that can be eaten.
%^)

vino of wil

 

On 7/23/2006 10:54:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Trust me when I tell you this, vino.

Naked Hotties are PERFECT for eating.

And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that.

JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.