Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fundies Say The Darndest Things

If you thought the psychosis running rampant on UD was something special...

allow me to disabuse you of that notion.

Fundies Say The Darndest Things

You just can't pay for entertainment like that.

One real gem:

"Why did african americans want to be slaves?

okay umm just listen to this. Long ago cain killed his brother (and real brother not the black kind 'brotha') and got cursed him and sent him into the south umm africa. Then years later he mated with monkeys and stuff and then all of them had the curse. So then when europeans came searching the land they sold themselves as slaves so they could try to turn North america and europe into satanic continents.but it backfired."

Timmy Green, Yahoo! Answers [Comments (35)] [2006-Aug-09]


Timmy has issues.

9 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/11/2006 01:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Janie,
"Timmy has issues."

Welcome to fundieworld.

 

On 8/11/2006 01:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

signed,
vino

 

On 8/11/2006 01:56:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

That's a great link, Janie. Thanks. It tickles my morbid sense of humor--I shouldn't laugh, but I do.

 

On 8/11/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi guys!

Glad you enjoyed that. It's apparently updated all the time with new stuff, too.

Sorry we've been out most of the day. We're trying to make sure we have everything all set for London.

We've been shopping our little butts off.

Besides some really great clothes, we had to pick up batteries for the cameras and rechargers, and we have two shiny new 1GB SD cards.

Sweet.

Lots of pics for the blog! Any requests? Anything you want us to be sure to get a picture of for you?

 

On 8/11/2006 02:13:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

In fact, I'll make a new post just for requests, how's that?

 

On 8/11/2006 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Lifewish waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The FSTDT list was started up by a guy called Allan Glenn, aka WinAce. He died of cystic fibrosis in 2005, good-humoured and defiant to the end.

In addition to FSTDT, WinAce was also guilty of producing a bunch of highly amusing images for use in online discussions when arguing with idiots. Janie may well find some of them very useful :)

 

On 8/11/2006 02:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks LifeWish. When my computer buggered itself up a couple of months ago I lost a ton of great bookmarks and that was one of them.
vino

 

On 8/11/2006 02:54:00 PM, Blogger Lifewish waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

It's sooo annoying when that happens. I remember it took me the best part of a year to relocate the Craptaculus guide to apologetics :-/

 

On 8/11/2006 03:14:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks Lifewish, some of those are downright hysterical!

I was actually messing around with firefox a little the last few days, adding some cool extensions and stuff when I had a free moment....

ummm... I should be more careful. About the only thing I DID save was my bookmarks, of which there are a gazillion now. Hard to believe considering I just started using the thing.

I tried to uninstall things one at a time to fix whatever I broke, but never did figure out what's wrong. For some reason, under the default profile, all my settings got erased, and it wouldn't even let me set the toolbars back up the way I had them. I'd get the toolbars and the buttons all set up, shut down Firefox, restart, and it was back the way it was before. It wouldn't even let me change the skin back to LittleFox. My little search bar icons for all the different search engines wouldn't load or anything.

Crap.

My last hope before uninstallation and reinstallation was to create a new profile and start over, which seems to have worked...

so far.

I copied the bookmarks.html file and the little search engine guys into the right files, and at least managed to salvage those.

Anyways, it's not helping that I have a ton of other stuff going on, and don't really have a lot of time to investigate.

I think I'll just stop fooling with it until we get back from London.

Thanks again for the info and the links, Lifewish.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.