Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ain't So Funny Anymore

I usually get several big laughs from Fundies Say the Darndest Things...



But after watching about 30 seconds of this video, [Warning, turn down your speakers a bit] I gotta tell ya': They ain't so funny anymore. This kind of religion is just plain insanity. And I'll go one step further: pushing it on kids like this should end in arrest for child abuse.

That poor child doesn't stand a chance of being normal or mentally healthy.


4 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/15/2006 09:59:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Yikes. I have two thoughts.

1. I never knew skateboards were that important. Or food, or dolls, or really any of the things they wanted Jesus to take the place of. But the kid sounded like each of those 3,000 tiny things were the end of the earth.

2. Which brings me to this: what the hell is so moving about this video? I'm assuming that fundies (at least some of them) see this and weep over its what? transformative power? dipiction of human goodness, uh... depravity?

I'm at a loss. It seems either mentally unhinged or contrived to me. I see no other than those 2 choices.

 

On 11/16/2006 08:42:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"It seems either mentally unhinged or contrived to me. I see no other than those 2 choices."

I rather think both. It's contrived by the adults involved, including the editor of the video, but it's definitely made that poor baby unhinged. Since no sane person would deliberately do that to a child, the adults must also be unhinged.

 

On 11/16/2006 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, That's some freaky stuff.

I think right after they showed a picture of Bin Laden, there was a screen capture from Braveheart. Yes, we must stop evil doers like Osama, John Kerry and Mel Gibson.

This kid might be the next Pat Robertson. The sad thing is that the parents would probably take that as a compliment.

 

On 11/16/2006 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh. My.

What chance has she, indeed.

If anyone needs me, I'll be scrubbing out my eyes and ears. With a wire brush.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.