Saturday, November 11, 2006

Open Thread

We should probably do this every now and again. Go ahead, say whatever you want (just go easy on the f bomb, if you would). Blog whore, post funny links, spout off, whatever.


Here's a start...

From House of the Rising Sons, Red State Blues.

Best blog name of a Thumber, blahablahablahablahablahablahablaha (I actually bumped into this blog using the random Next Blog button up top - kinda kool!).

Any blog run by two girls who call themselves Harlot and Vicious Trollop, is ok by us. Go check out The Book Bitches. "Two very opinionated bitches talk about books and bitch about other stuff too."

------------

Cuzin Bob who lives in Knightdale called us up at the last minute yesterday. He always gets 4 season tickets to all the NCState football and basketball games, and then he and Lisa take friends or family or whatever. Yesterday there was a last minute opening to go see the basketball game and wanted to know if we wanted to go. We had great seats to watch the Pack come from 9 pts down at the half to win in the last few seconds. Very exciting.

------------

Shakespeare is gettin' big in a hurry. He's gone from like 12 pounds when we got him at 2 months old, to every bit of 30 pounds now. He lost one of his teeth, though. One of those right up front on the top, too! Is that unusual, or do dogs have two sets of teeth, too? I'll have to ask the vet this Friday when we go in for our appointment.

Maybe that's why he's not been eating so much...


Ok, have at it.


13 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/11/2006 03:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

OK, here's my simple addition to your oratory. I'll tell this here because I'm not sure how to tell it on my home site. I was buying groceries this morning and standing in line at the register. The woman in front of me was buying only flowers and helium balloons that said "happy anniversary." After she paid, the cashier said that she hoped she had a good day. The woman said, "Well, I just found out ten minutes ago that my husband has died." She was buying the flowers and balloon to take to him at the nursing home (he had terminal cancer), and they home called to tell her he died. I can't imagine being in a grocery store and finding out such news, and then following through with the purchase, and then telling the cashier who is a stranger.

So, I left thinking that no matter what happens to me today, I can't be as bad as that.

 

On 11/11/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Simply said...












Kilroy Was Here!

 

On 11/12/2006 07:56:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, Robyn.

How horrible. She must have been in total shock.

 

On 11/12/2006 07:57:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Kilroy,

We're certainly glad you were here, and hope you're here again!

 

On 11/12/2006 07:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Just one thing. I am upset with the Field Museum at Chicago. I paid to see Tutankhamen's sarcophagus, something that I have dreamed of since age 8. When I went to see the famous King Tut exhibit, he was not there!, I felt so disappointed. I guess I will have to go to Egypt to fulfil my dream

 

On 11/13/2006 08:05:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, what a let down. Sorry 'bout that Dr. Marco.

Let us know 'bout that trip to Egypt. We're pretty small, and should fit rather well into your luggage....

:)

 

On 11/13/2006 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Zachriel waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

My news for today. I've been banned by DaveScot at Uncommon Descent for the 3rd time! They unjustly accused a Cornell biology teacher of lying, and I had the temerity to object.

(Rather than adding fuel to the fire, I posted my off-topic comments off-board. Apparently, one can't talk *about* Uncommon Descent, no matter the circumstance. So please don't tell DaveScot, or he might get sooooo angry.)

I'm so proud. If only Mother could have been here to see this [sniffle].

 

On 11/13/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Zachriel said

"I've been banned by DaveScot at Uncommon Descent for the 3rd time!"

Wow! Three times! We bow to your persistence and greatness, Zachriel.

 

On 11/13/2006 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Zachriel, I apparently (and inexplicably) can still log in. What do you want to say? (Of course, they banned you for what you posted on other blogs rather than Uncommonly Dense, so you can always say it anyway!)

 

On 11/13/2006 06:10:00 PM, Blogger Rich Hughes waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Open thread?
a frayed knot!

 

On 11/14/2006 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Zachriel waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

kristine: "Zachriel, I apparently (and inexplicably) can still log in. What do you want to say?"

Thank you for the offer. Banning reasonable posters, allowing continued tirades against Allen MacNeill, while banning me for posting on-topic in another forum what would be off-topic on Uncommon Descent, only ruins any credibility they hoped to achieve. People see the truth — even as DaveScot, à la Winston Smith, deletes my existing comments. (This leaves other commenters clumsily arguing against a non-existent post and a non-existent poster.)

That no pro-IDer was willing to consider why Spetner's so-called calculation of how well evolutionary algorithms work within certain domains was telling. They must know that Spetner is blowing smoke. The specifics weren't important (which depend on the landscape to be searched — a certain clue that Spetner's so-called calculations were invalid).

I was slightly concerned that PaV would continue to misstate Allen's position concerning population dynamics, but Andrea has stepped up to the plate.

They embarrassed themselves with regards to Allen.

 

On 11/14/2006 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Lou FCD waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

A Frayed Knot Joke I recently told at Science, Just Science.

 

On 11/14/2006 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Actually, I’m becoming pretty creeped that I can still log in. I smell a rat. They’re not exactly subtle over there (although I’m pretty naïve at times).

I think my “effeminate” remark at AtBC really got to Dave-o. Well, that’s what I think. UD reminds me of those guys who dress up and walk around speaking Klingon. Long after the convention is over.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.