Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The President Owes Me An Irony Meter

So on an early morning errand this morning, I was listening in my car to Morning Edition, on NPR. The Prez is in Estonia, and is of course getting peppered with questions about Iraq like so many pellets from Dick Cheney's 12 gauge.

The response in question is below the fold to protect the innocent and those with less than industrial strength irony meters...



This is quoted from memory once I got back to the house, so it may not be perfect, but it's pretty close.

"If Iran is going to be involved in Iraq, they should be involved in a constructive way, working for peace." - Dubya

Crap. Do you know how expensive an in-dash irony meter with auto-updated overload protection, Dolby 5.1 surround sound and digital LCD equalizer is? That sucker even had TIVO and XM satellite radio built in.


2 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/28/2006 02:03:00 PM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sometimes I don't understand why some of you people invest in the top of the line Irony Meters. I just get mine from the Dollar Store. I figure I'll be buying a new one every couple of weeks anyway.

 

On 11/28/2006 02:30:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'm askin' Santa for the new Binford 3000 Nuclear Powered one.

Hey, if the fat guy brings it and I don't have to pay for it, what the heck?

Kisses, Bourgeois Rage!

Oh, after you commented over at blipey's place, I remembered another one with a good story attached. Be sure to go read that.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.