Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where In The World Is Aunt Tara?

Ok, Tara isn't really my Aunt, but I've sort of come to think of her that way. But the important thing here is that she seems to have pulled a Carmen Sandiego.



Now, Tara is often busy with actual work, and doesn't post every single day. Lord knows there are lots of cows out there who need their butts explored. Umm... that didn't come out exactly right.

Anything else I say about that is just going to make it worse, so for the full story on that, maybe you should just check out Tara's post.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Aunt Tara, as I've come to think of her, last posted on the 19th. She did mention that she would be visiting family for the week, without good web access, and that the University was not having classes for the following week. Ok, so we have to go without our Aetiology fix for a week. Tough, but we can do it.

It's now Tuesday of the week following the following week, and still no word from Aunt Tara. I'm sure she's fine, and I can live an extra few days without my fix, but I'm just an eeensy weensy bit concerned.

DT (Dr. Tara), PHONE HOME!


5 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/29/2006 08:37:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

As an aside, I'd just like to mention for the record that Rockapella rocks... a cappella.

Just so y'know.


Hmmm... The challenge word for this comment - xsexcxic

Serendipity, or just cosmic coincidence? You be the judge.

 

On 11/30/2006 04:25:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well I feel a little better. There's a new post up over at Dr. Tara's place. It's bad news, in a good news/bad news kinda way.

"Stanford University microbiologist Esther Miriam Zimmer Lederberg, a trailblazer for female scientists and the developer of laboratory techniques that helped a generation of researchers understand how genes function, has died at Stanford Hospital.

Professor Lederberg, who lived at Stanford, was 83 when she died Nov. 11 of pneumonia and congestive heart failure. "

 

On 11/30/2006 04:29:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hmmm.. I wonder if we'll get our autographed picture by Christmas...

 

On 12/01/2006 06:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Awww, you miss me! I've just been swamped--had 2 grants due in November and another one due this coming Sunday, plus I'm teaching heavily and have some family issues. And yes, I'll try and get you that autographed picture by Christmas. :)

 

On 12/01/2006 06:33:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well despite the crankiness that permeates me at this wee hour (I'm not usually up before 8 or 9), we're all glad you're ok, and that you're back. Well good luck with all the grants, do well with teaching all the little heathren (that's how we pronounce it), and W00T! on the picture!

I hope the family issues get worked out in the best way possible.

It's always good to see you.

Kisses!

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.