Thursday, June 29, 2006

Legal Talk

(Or legal "talk-to-myself", the way this thing is going!)


That whole legal fees thing is really getting to me. I was wondering to myself about whether it could be considered extortion. Since I have no legal background whatsoever, and since I had been meaning to join up over at Uncommon Descent anyway, I figured "why not go ask someone?" So I did. Nobody has answered yet, but I guess not everyone is on vacation for the whole summer.

I'll update this if Larry or some other legal expert over there ever answers. Of course, I'm new over there so I might just get overlooked. Plus, it might be off-topic a little, so maybe they'll just come here and answer me.

If one of you guys happens to click over here, feel free to post an answer in the comments here, I'd really like to know.

Thanks, JanieBelle

[Update - I've gotten a few replies, but they sort of led to more questions, so I'll wait until I have it all settled before I write further.]

6 Eloquent Orations:

On 6/29/2006 09:00:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Janie,

As far as I know none of the ACLU lawyers or the judge broke any laws or did anything actionable so there's nothing to do except change the law so what they did can't be done anymore.

That's a striking picture below. I'm not sure why but I stared at it for a couple of minutes. I think it's the way the light really lights up the granite or marble or whatever in the center structure while the sky is dark and forbidding and the rest of the landscape kind of dark. Where is it?

Hope you have lots of fun with your blog!

 

On 6/29/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Holy Cow.

Really, I'm honored.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to answer my questions.

That has to be one of the best photos I've ever taken. I love that one. That is the Wellington Arch in London, England. It was overcast that day, but the photo really accentuates that. I had no idea it would turn out that way, it certainly didn't seem that threatening when I took it.

I'm sorry I wasn't really ready to go quite "public" just yet, this is sort of an experiment for me. I've never had a blog before.

What do you think so far?

 

On 6/29/2006 09:58:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"What do you think so far?"

I think it's a blog! :-)

I have a 21 year old daughter and she's used LiveJournal and MySpace since she was a teen. They're like a blog but it seems like you have lots more options for adding digital bling bling (so to speak). They're more social networks too wrapped up in big online communities. Wordpress blogs are kind of dull in comparison.

 

On 6/29/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oops. This isn't a Wordpress blog. Mibad. But Blogger blogs are in the same ballpark.

 

On 6/30/2006 11:00:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'll see what I can do about finding some "digital bling bling" just for you.

:)

 

On 6/30/2006 03:41:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Kayla!

Yep, things are going good so far.

Love ya too!

(XOXO)

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.