Sunday, July 02, 2006

I like big words.

Their meaning is so much better than small, bland, cheesy words. (Thank you Blipey, for your editorial input!)

Like instead of insulting you can say denigrating. I like that word. It has more viciousness to it. (See, I could have just said it's meaner, but vicious is, well... more vicious, duh.)

Plus they convey a meaning much more clearly and eloquently (see, better word than nicer).

I hate the word nice. Nice is so blah. It doesn't say anything. Bad is another one. Bad. What does that mean?

So, although I had to carry out my first ban today, which makes me kinda sad (can you think of a better word for that? - it's a test), I suppose I should thank the jerk I banned for giving me the opportunity to say denigrate.

He's still a jerk.


5 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/02/2006 03:56:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi someonebusy! Nice to see you.

It was back at This Thread

He was rude.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you'll hang around!

JanieBelle

 

On 7/03/2006 07:25:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

....brat

 

On 7/03/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

janiebelle:

They have so much better meaning.

Shouldn't that be:

They have a better meaning than...

-or-

Their meaning is so much better than...

Not to denigrate your word gymnastics but I thought you should know.

 

On 7/03/2006 05:48:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Yes, blipey, it certainly would have been better worded your way.

Thank you for the construtive criticism.

Hope you'll hang around, but remember that the Culture Wars get fought elsewhere. Please note the latest post to Arden and Bourgeois, as well.

Science goes in the Science thread, and I will enforce the rules so it doesn't turn into a flame war.

 

On 7/03/2006 06:35:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I see that James has posted a backlink to this thread. I encourage you all to follow it and read what he has to say. I believe his acidic comments speak for themselves.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.