Monday, July 03, 2006

Open Letter to Arden Chatfield and Bourgeois Rage

Dear Arden and Bourgeois,

I would like to take a moment of your time to say thank you. To be honest, I was considering putting a section of links up in my sidebar and calling it "Links to Places Where Manly Men Can Pick on Little Girls", and adding links both to James' blog and to the UD thread on Antievolution.org.

Continued below the fold.



You have very graciously pointed out that I am willing to listen to what your side has to say, and that I am not simply "an idiot" as Jim and his buddies repeatedly commented at my blog. I could have done without the "dingy" reference, but I understood what you meant as a whole, and I accept it in the spirit in which it was intended.

Bourgeois_Rage: I absolutely want to see the arguments played out on the scientific field, and the rules I set up are fully in force, and will be enforced throughout the debate. I would especially like to point out again, that insults and attacks will simply not be tolerated. Also, again let me point out that my mother, my aunt, and my niece read this blog, and everyone is to watch their language.

Jim was not banned for what he had to say about science, he was banned for being a jackass and not respecting my wish ON MY BLOG to follow some fairly simple rules.

Since Dave has been rather busy lately, I will surrender the floor to Matt, or to either of you two gentlemen to speak first. You can decide between you, and whoever gives the first "ahem" in the science thread gets the floor in the Science Thread.

You might also make a small announcement there at "After the Bar Closes" that folks should remember that the forum is public, and might be read by anyone who has an internet connection.

(By the way, I suppose I am a bit flattered to see that you all have taken time out of your busy day to comment on me. You might also mention to KeithS at Dispatches From the Culture Wars that when you quote someone, it's customary to provide a link.)

Thank you again for coming to my defense (albeit in a less than the most flattering of ways).

Gentlemen, you have the floor.

JanieBelle

4 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/03/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger IAMB waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks for the offer of the floor. If you don't mind, I'll just wait for Dave...

*crickets*

 

On 7/03/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Matt, you've been very gentlemanly, and very patient, please don't get nasty now.

 

On 7/04/2006 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Janie:

Thanks for the invite. First let me say that the thread on Anti-evolution.org, which you speak of, is somewhat of a joke. Don't take that as the end all of scientific discussion on the theory of evolution. It is just a place for people to poke fun at groups or persons misrepresenting and otherwise attacking science. It's a place to blow off steam. If you want to see some of the science behind evolution check out www.talkorigins.org.

I'm with Matt, I'll play by the rules and wait for Dave to post first. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say. Many would say that the scientific argument has played out (and I would agree), but there's always the chance of new evidence and I am looking forward to hearing it.

Also, I respect your desire to keep things clean. I think too many people hide behind anonymity on the internet, and they use this to behave like small children.

 

On 7/04/2006 09:20:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well spoken, Monsieur Fureur, and I have noted in the Science Thread that you have declined the floor.

I'll be sure to poke around at talkorgins some more.

It looks like the floor is left to Arden.

If Arden should decline, then I will open the floor to whomever chooses to post an argument within the rules.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.