Friday, August 11, 2006

London Photo Requests

We're leaving on Monday to head on over the little pond. We're taking requests for pictures. Anything you want to see?


Let us know in this thread.

Also we're going to risk it, and pack the laptop in the checked baggage. I hate the thought of it getting the crap beat out of it, but taking it as carry-on seems like an even worse idea at this point. And it's out of the question on the way home, from what I can tell. So, assuming that the airline folks don't destroy the laptop, we'll be blogging from London next week, and we'll be keeping an eye on this thread for your requests as we get time (probably mostly in the morning and evening, London time).

Let's hear it. No promises, but we'll do our best to get pics of whatever you want to see in London.


7 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/11/2006 08:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'll think about it tonite. I'm sure there is something. But most of my family is from that smaller island just beside england to the west. You wouldn't be going there too, by chance?
vino

 

On 8/11/2006 08:28:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Not this time, vino, sorry. I have roots there, too. Our next trip (if we ever get the chance, we have a list) will be to Scotland. Maybe Paris next, but probably Dublin then Paris.

Somewhere down on the wishlist is Italy. Rome, Milan, Venice, Tuscany, you know, the usual.

:)

I'd love to go to Egypt, but that's pretty much out of the question these days.

 

On 8/12/2006 06:00:00 AM, Blogger Lifewish waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I doubt the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster would be cruel enough to curse you with a trip to Reading (large town west of London), but, if you do end up passing through, give me a yell :)

Otherwise, a few shots of St. Paul's Cathedral would be good. Never been in there.

 

On 8/12/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I doubt the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster would be cruel enough to curse you with a trip to Reading

Alas, not as far as we know. But if you happen to be in London this week for any reason, the offer is reciprocated.

Otherwise, a few shots of St. Paul's Cathedral would be good. Never been in there.

You know, if I recall correctly, we stuck our heads in there last year, but didn't go in either, because they wouldn't let us take pictures. I just checked the website, and that says "***Filming and photography inside the Cathedral is not allowed***".

Well that's not very tourist friendly! We can certainly do outside pictures, though.

Westminster Abbey told us the same thing, I think. Is that a church policy, maybe?

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/12/2006 07:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Westminster too?
I finally decided that pic's of the crypts of Darwin and Newton would have been pretty cool to see.

vino

 

On 8/12/2006 07:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Our next trip (if we ever get the chance, we have a list) will be to Scotland. Maybe Paris next, but probably Dublin then Paris.

Somewhere down on the wishlist is Italy. Rome, Milan, Venice, Tuscany, you know, the usual.


The only country in Europe I have been to is Denmark.
Here
I'm am trying to plan a tall ship cruise(no long lines at the airport) to Europe, but money is, of course, always the limiting factor.

vino

 

On 8/13/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

vino
Westminster too?
I finally decided that pic's of the crypts of Darwin and Newton would have been pretty cool to see.


I'm pretty sure they told us no cameras, otherwise I'm sure I'd have pictures of Queens Mary and Elizabeth and the other royal tombs.

You know, it's funny. I was so wrapped up in the royal tombs and the poets' corner, I must have missed Darwin and Newton! I'll be sure to look for them this time 'round.

...but money is, of course, always the limiting factor.

Understandable. If this weren't a gift, we wouldn't be able to afford to go ourselves.

Keith

How about a photo of the two of you...

Not gonna happen.

How about a photo... in a capsule atop the London Eye?

How about one looking out FROM a capsule atop the London Eye? That we will do, should we be brave enough to ride the eye. I didn't do it last year, but I've regretted letting my fear get the best of me ever since.

That's a definite maybe.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.