Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blogger's On My Last Nerve

If I weren't so attached to the look and feel of my blog just as it is, I'd bail.


Every damned time I turn around, Blogger's down again. And it always does it when I'm on a roll and generating some traffic. Which of course stops traffic dead. And worse, most of the other Blogs I read are also on Blogger, so I can't even bide my time at those blogs.

It just pisses me off.

There are people out there that actually want to read the Goddamned crap I write, but they can't because Blogger goes down all the freakin' time.

WTF?

I gotta go kick somethin'.

6 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/15/2006 08:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I left Blogger over that sort of thing... well, that and the fact that it was constantly at war with Opera.*

I now pay a reliable hosting company $7 or so a month. And set up Nucleus on their server. Server goes down maybe a minute or two a month, typically.

Yes, blogger annoyed me that much.

*It's noisy, any war involving opera. Screaming Italians and Germans. Large mezzo-sopranos singing. The pounding of the artillery. The screams of the wounded and dying. Anyone woulda quit.

 

On 11/16/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Blogger sucks. It has sucked particularly this week. "Technician has been called." Oh, sure. Then I refresh the page and everything pops up. Then I can't even comment on my own stupid blog, and once again, "Technician has been called." But what has s/he been called?

 

On 11/16/2006 01:13:00 AM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And I haven't done the Beta switch yet. Has anyone else? Is it worth it?

It sounds too close to, "Bait and switch."

 

On 11/16/2006 08:48:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

AJ, it's really getting to the point where I'd consider moving.

I'm having all the same issues, Kristine. You can tell the blogs that have made the switch by the nav bar at the top. The blogger beta blogs have a somewhat different bar.

Check out just sayin', over in my left sidebar. Robyn's using the beta.

"*It's noisy, any war involving opera. Screaming Italians and Germans. Large mezzo-sopranos singing. The pounding of the artillery. The screams of the wounded and dying. Anyone woulda quit."

Sounds dramatic!

 

On 11/16/2006 05:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wordpress, baby, wordpress. You can host a blog on your own website with your own URL, it's easy to set up, easy to mod, and the Google ads might very well pay for the hosting.

 

On 11/16/2006 06:06:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ya' know, our head always swells when the BA drops by and comments.

We've been taking a look at wordpress, and it even looks like we could port the whole blog over, old comments and all. We may run a test of that over the weekend and see how it goes.

Stay tuned....

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.