Monday, November 06, 2006

An Interesting Take on UDoJ

From guthrie, over at AtBC, we get this very interesting take on our little blog. The g-man has been one of our favoritest posters, so his thoughts intrigue us...



Are you not heading towards the idea that Dembski is doing street theatres?

The internet offers great potential for experiential art (I dont know, I'm just calling it that because I dont know any different, ok) by interaction. The aim would be to broaden and entertain the participants whilst calling into doubt their world model.

Or something like that.

Think of UDoJ as an example.


Wow. In all honesty, I have to say that I never really thought of this blog as serious art. I like his term "experiential art", though. Really, he may be on to something. Are blogs like this one, or blogs in general really, "experiential art"? Do we broaden and entertain you participants? I certainly hope so. Do we make you think? I hope we do that, too. We certainly broaden and entertain ourselves. We cause ourselves to think about things we otherwise wouldn't.

Wow, if we serve to broaden, entertain, and cause you to think too, then I guess there aren't many better compliments that could be paid to us.

Sometimes we aim for one, sometimes the other. On occasion we even attempt to do all three. It is our collective hope that we succeed as often as possible.


5 Eloquent Orations:

On 11/06/2006 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I must say that I have been trying to come up with ways to combine the internet with dance in a way other than the obvious.

DaveTard came by. He says, um, "Hi." I think.

And it's become a family affair.

 

On 11/06/2006 02:15:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks for the heads up, Kristine. I just popped over to say hi back.

I don't think he has the cajones to bring his red-faced self back here anymore.

It's a shame, really. He provides soooo much entertainment.

"And it's become a family affair."

Nope. Way tooooooo eeeaaaasssssyyyy.

;-)

 

On 11/06/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I must say that I have been trying to come up with ways to combine the internet with dance in a way other than the obvious.

Irish step-dancing on the laptop when your ISP craps out?

Seriously, I think that the arts movement on the internet has been a little hampered. Though if I knew how to do laundry, I'd be a billionaire.

The video artists out there have obviously been having a ball, but there doesn't seem to be a lot (or much...or any?) real new stuff around.

As an actor--with a love of live performance--I think we artists have a hole in our vision. We think we know our mediums and have a problem envisioning how it might translate to the web. This is especially true, I think, for actors, musicians, and others who feel the need for real bodies in a real audience.

Maybe there isn't a really good way to translate some art forms onto the web. As stevestory said at AtBC, TV didn't replace radio, radio didn't replace books, etc.

Though, sadly, books and theatre seem to be in the midst of a large swoon.

 

On 11/07/2006 07:32:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Blipey!

"Though, sadly, books and theatre seem to be in the midst of a large swoon."

Oh, I so hope not. As much fun as the interweb thing is, and as useful for information as it is, there is simply nothing like the feel, the smell, the total experience provided by books and theatre. I have thousands of books on my shelves (all happily on display now in our new home). Nearly all of them are hard-backs (ok, I'm a bit of a book snob) and some of them are older than my grandfather. A few of them were left to me by my great grandmother when she passed away last year (they belonged to my great grandfather). I wouldn't trade any of them for anything.

 

On 11/07/2006 05:40:00 PM, Blogger Kristine waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, the book will never die. I don't have any fear of that. But it's not the internet that threatens reading anyway--it's the dang T.V.

But I have been trying to think up a way to combine dance and a quiz on evolution, I kid you not.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.