Saturday, November 11, 2006

Motherhood

Ok, so following a link I found on a blog, the link to which I found on another blog and so on and so on... (Commonly referred to as blog-hopping.)

Where was I? Oh yeah. I was Skinny Dipping with the President. Anyways, back in mid August (about the time I was toolin' 'round London way), R (the author of this gloriously pink blog) took a moment to drop a few comments about Motherhood that I really appreciated at this ungodly hour of the morning.


When I pictured motherhood, I pictured myself hanging out around the blow up pool, colored drink in hand, reading a fabulously trashy novel. Occasionally I'd give her a cupcake and then run to the mall before she figured out I was gone. She would have tons of dolls, and about three books. I would arrange playdates with the "cool mothers" and we would discuss the wild boys of our college days and the merits of various recreational drugs. I'd play Depeche Mode and dance in the yard with her little friends.


I'm sooooo down with that picture, 'cept a whole crapload of books.

Alas and alack, apparently someone somewhere along the line decided to go around and wreck all that for us future mothers. I'm blaming the Republicans.

Anyways, R's post and her observations about her two year old tickled my fancy, and I'm sure it will tickle yours. Go read the rest of it.


0 Eloquent Orations:

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.