Wednesday, December 06, 2006

So Am I A Virgin?

JanieBelle
Not that it's a big deal, but I'm curious.

I was surfing a bit yesterday, and encountered a discussion on the subject. It got me wondering. The conversation was ridiculous, so I didn't bother joining in, and I won't bother linking. It really was inane. It revolved around whether Mary (y'know - THE Mary) would have been able to have given birth to Jesus today, given the proliferation of battery operated pleasure machines. Y'know. VIBRATORS.

Anyway, there was this huge idiot fight - not over whether she would have used one, but rather over whether she would have been considered a virgin after having used one. Yes, there are people who would actually fight over such a thing. And they were PISSED at each other. Fundies. Just when you think they couldn't get any more ridiculous. Sounds to me like they should all go to Nicea, have a council, and start a war/crusade over it.

As usual, the conversation continues below the fold...


Anyway, sometimes the morons say really insipid things that provoke a tangential query in my widdle bwain.

Does virginity depend on sexual contact in any form? Penetration? Or is a penis mandatory for non-virginity?

So, you all know that I'm sexually active. Sexually OVERactive probably. Kate and I have poked, prodded, and explored each other's bodies rather thoroughly. There's plenty of video, and not a few stills to prove it. But since she's a girl, does that count?

Just yesterday, Kate brought home a new... um... toy. We now have a small collection going, if you really must know. (and I'm quite sure you MUST!) But since that's mechanical, does THAT count?

I haven't known a man in the biblical sense yet. I certainly will, when I come across one I like enough (pardon the pun).

Which brings up another question. What about "adultery"? Is it adultery if we bring a man into our bed together? I can't see how that would be "cheating" per se, seeing as how Kate and I are both there.

What if only one of us is there, but with the full knowledge and consent of the other? It's still not cheating, but is it adultery?

Not that I really give a crap either way, I'm just wonderin' whether I would be stoned for it because it's adultery or stoned for it because it's good clean fornication.



5 Eloquent Orations:

On 12/06/2006 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

There is NOTHING virginal about you, Lover. I think I've seen to that.

I might be biased, but then you might say I have "inside information".

;-)

Kisses. Big, long, wet kisses all over you.

Kate.

 

On 12/07/2006 07:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I must tell you that this post has thoroughly tickled me!

Since I have no answers, I'll just add another question to the mix:

What about two gay men who engage in sexual intercourse together? Is either of them still a virgin in the morning?

I think the problem here is that when we use the words "virgin" and "adultery" they are used in a bibilical sense, based on the way things were THOUSANDS of years ago. There are those who will say that things haven't changed since the time of Christ, but the mere fact that we're even having this conversation eludes to monumental changes in life, culture, the world.

Bible thumpers refuse to acknowledge this change and try to dictate morals and other acceptable behavior using a grossly outdated rubric.

Smell the nuclear waste people, it's 2006!

 

On 12/07/2006 07:41:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Awesome point, MusicGuy! (And I'm glad you're so thoroughly tickled!)

And yes, things have changed drastically. And the Bible Thumpers really do need to wake up and smell the coffee, roses, nuclear waste.

Well said.

 

On 12/07/2006 11:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Do people seriously debate about this stuff?

My opinion (not that it matters) is that if you've had sex (with the same gender or the opposite gender) you're not a virgin. I don't think a vibrator can "take your virginity" though.

But seriously, who really cares?

 

On 12/07/2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Amanda!

You asked, "Do people seriously debate about this stuff?"

Apparently so.

"My opinion (not that it matters)"

I was actually hoping you'd drop by and comment on this one. I was interested in your opinion on the subject.

"is that if you've had sex (with the same gender or the opposite gender) you're not a virgin. I don't think a vibrator can "take your virginity" though."

I think that's a reasonable position, for what it's worth. And I happen to agree.

"But seriously, who really cares?"

Though I would tend to agree with your sentiment, apparently there are lots of folks out there who have nothing better to care about.

:)

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one.

Kisses to you.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.