Thursday, July 06, 2006

Danger, Will Robinson!

Wicked Female Mood Swing, Dead Ahead! Evasive Maneuvers!



Ok, I'm much calmer now. I've fixed my face and taken a deep breath. As I mentioned to Blipey in a comment, I think my new policy for Freako-Stalker-Whackjobs is "Ignore and Delete". Needless to say, comment moderation is going to hang around a while.

Blipey's comments really helped me find a little bit of calmness, and I have to say thank you to Blipey.

Also, it helped that I got the phone call I wasn't really expecting so soon, and we went to lunch. It was very pleasant and calming.

Maybe I don't need those few days off now.

Besides, if I take a vacation on my vacation, the guys at After The Bar Closes will be forced to go back to bashing their own resident nutjobs.

Aaaahhh. My public needs me.

(Please don't take my comments any more seriously than I take yours, fellas! It's a joke! Pull your thongs out of your butts!)


41 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/06/2006 03:43:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ever since I was very little I've had one question that really puzzled me. It seems that the answer to this question would leave my whole life fulfilled.

Now is as good a time to ask it as any, since the subject came up.

What color thong would an Atheist Buddhist Evolutionist wear?

Could one of you guys ask Lenny for me?

Thanks,
JanieBelle

 

On 7/06/2006 04:44:00 PM, Blogger blipey waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

One that blushes the shade of an empty night sky.

Really, you should ask Lenny yourself. AtBC is a pretty good place. (Almost) anyone can post there and start topics of their own. You really would be welcome. It is not a serious discussion forum. It is the place that one can take a break from the serious (and occasionally, deluded) topics at other science blogs.

All that is required is that you give and take with equal aplomb.

 

On 7/06/2006 05:07:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, blipey. That was deep.

Ok, deep is probably not a word one should use when referring to a thong, but whatever.

:)

I'll pass on the AtBC invite for the moment. Maybe a raincheck.

I like the humor over there from over here, if it's all the same to you.

Not a "no", more like a "not now".

How's that?

 

On 7/06/2006 07:27:00 PM, Blogger IAMB waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The answer is 42... the only answer that counts.

Oh, you wanted an answer to the thong question. Sorry, I hit the "would leave my whole life fulfilled" and thought you were talking about the question.

For the thong thing: none. We evil atheist evolutionists are all about the efficiency, and underwear just gives you one more thing to have to put on or remove. Hell, if it were up to us we'd all run around naked...

 

On 7/06/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hahahaha... you know, it's funny you mention the 42 meme. I just bumped into that for the first time on Wiki about a week ago.

Naked is good with me.

When I'm home alone... ok, that's nobody's business but my own.

:)

 

On 7/06/2006 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Sean waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

The true question is not what colour is the thong, but if you dropped it in a forest would it make a sound?

Ah, zen.

By-the-bye, I've been reading your comments on Uncommon Descent. I'm trying to decide if you're a particularly astute teenager, or an evolutionary biologist activist in disguise. A very elaborate disguise.

 

On 7/06/2006 07:46:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dear SteveStory,

Nice Picture.

But I have more hair, and don't look good in orange.

Just FYI.

 

On 7/06/2006 07:50:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

P.S.

If I was gonna grab someone's ...more delicate parts... it wouldn't have anything to do with ripping them off.

Again, just FYI.

:)

 

On 7/06/2006 07:59:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Sean!

Lovely of you to join us. I hope you hang around.

Geez O Pete! What is it with everyone and secret conspiracy theories about who I am?

I admit it. I'm actually that Richard Dawkins guy, and I shot JFK. I'm also occasionally referred to as Elvis, Buddha, Ghandi, and coincidentally enough, George H. W. Bush.

Next time I'm in the woods, I'll drop my thong and let you know, zendude.

After all that, I'll just smile and say thank you for the "particularly astute teenager" remark. I believe I've noted before that gratuitous flattery is always welcome.

:)

 

On 7/06/2006 08:19:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

oh yeah,

I might have used to be Ronald Reagan, but I forget.


HAHAHAHAHA

I kill me, I really do.

 

On 7/06/2006 09:12:00 PM, Blogger RogueHistorian waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Whatever color it is, they didn't drop in the forest, they dropped on the windshield of my truck (see my post today on my blog) - yes, shameless plug, but it fit into the conversation nicely!

 

On 7/06/2006 09:26:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Plug away shamelessly. Just be aware that it wasn't mine on your truck...as far as I know.

I've also come up with option 4 for your story.

4. The folks that had way too good of a time were you and your girlfriend. Or you and not your girlfriend. Or not you and your girlfriend.

Just a thought.

:)

Welcome to my little corner.

 

On 7/06/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger DSP waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

test

 

On 7/06/2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

If that's the best you can do, Charlie, you get an F on your test.

:)

 

On 7/06/2006 10:52:00 PM, Blogger DSP waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

An 'F'?
That'll bring my gpa down beyond recovery.

 

On 7/07/2006 07:47:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

janie:

This interweb thing is crazy, eh? People take stuff way too seriously. Clearly an Atheist Buddhist Evolutionist would wear a green thong.

As for AtBC, I think the fellows there are really appreciating you, usually when they type of questions you are asking get posted they get a response like, "We already answered that! Since you have nothing of merit to post, don't bother posting again." Which is then followed up by you being put on moderation and your comments never seeing the light of day.

Really, I'm enjoying the fact that you are asking the tough questions. Most people don't and they just accept what others tell them. Just continue beating away at whatever topic you are interested in until you are satisfied, and then continue beating away. Don't be afraid to be called a skeptic.

 

On 7/07/2006 08:31:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Charlie,

If you're really sweet and suck up enough, I'll let you take a re-test. Tell me about my eyes....

BR,
(Is it ok if I abbreviate like that, your name is kind of long)

I don't know about all that, I was taken off moderation after my first post, and haven't had anything censored or edited.

I don't know if being skeptical is the right word for me. I just want to understand.

Everyone,

I just got out of the shower and I'm still nekkie (as Kaylaface used to say when she was wee wittle). Ok boys, you can take a moment to breathe and adjust your sitting position - the girl-Marine-kissing cheerleader is NAKED. (Oh, did I not mention THE KISS yet? Maybe next post I'll tell you (almost) all about it.)

I'm just approving comments until I get situated. Don't make me regret it. I'll get to replies in a little bit.

 

On 7/07/2006 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

BR is fine. Though some will get better responses than others.

I don't know if being skeptical is the right word for me. I just want to understand.

That's all that skeptics want.

 

On 7/07/2006 09:32:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

BR is fine. Though some will get better responses than others.
Uh, I should read what I type before I post.

 

On 7/07/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, everybody. I'm here.

(Like you really care, right?)

Sorry that took so long, I had a small issue with finding my batteries...

 

On 7/07/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

...FOR THE TV REMOTE, PERV.

Those little suckers roll into the darndest places!

 

On 7/07/2006 09:44:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, I have to go through and make several replies, and do a couple little things to the blog, and then I promise to get to THE KISS.

Bear with me a bit.

 

On 7/07/2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dear Jim Wynne:

Why would it be strange?

And just FYI, I'm aware that it's a remake of an old TV show, and I've even seen it. You should stay up late and watch old reruns more often.

Guess what? I've seen Grease, too. And Happy Days. And even old episodes of the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet. And Mr. Ed is a riot. Did you know he was really a zebra?

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Kimosabe!

(That's a joke, don't get all bent or anything.)

I wasn't born yesterday in a vaccuum.

 

On 7/07/2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sorry, that was a response to this comment at AtBC

And by the way, will someone please fix whatever's going on over there?

It's very difficult for me to follow my fan club if you guys can't keep your site working right.

Thanks

JanieBelle

:)

 

On 7/07/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, and of course EVERY incarnation of Star Trek.

So who's hotter - Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, or Captain Archer?

Now THAT would make an intesting conversation.

Oooo. I have to include Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax. Nice hair!

Oh, and Dr. Julian Bashir.

 

On 7/07/2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, and Dr. Julian Bashir.

Brilliant, sexy accent, cute butt. How can you go wrong with THAT?

 

On 7/07/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

See??

BR and Tim know what's up.

pfft.

 

On 7/07/2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ackkk!

I think I just spammed my own blog.

Crap.

Ok, off to do some adjustments.

 

On 7/07/2006 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Did you know he was really a zebra?
I hope you were kidding with the comment. Sometimes it is hard to tell when someone is kidding over the internet.

 

On 7/07/2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ha!

Shows what you know Mr. Smarty Scientific Pants!

Mr. Ed really WAS a zebra. You just can't tell on B and W TV.

TTTHHHBBBBBBB!

 

On 7/07/2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And, by the way, HER name should have been Mrs. Edwina.

Have another raspberry.

JanieBelle

:)

 

On 7/07/2006 01:01:00 PM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, I know people who have made this mistake in the past and I hate to do this because I love snopes, but...

That article is wrong. Mr. Ed was a horse. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and read the link to "More information about this page" or click here for a direct link.

You might also check this link.

 

On 7/07/2006 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

At any rate that just goes to show that no source on the internet is 100% foolproof. Get multiple sources from multiple sides of an issue to agree and then you can make a better decision.

 

On 7/07/2006 01:06:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Crap.

Sucked in by the urban legend.

And snopes is so reliable! It's respectable! It's not like billyjojimbob's dumb website.

I give myself two raspberries for being wrong, and three for being arrogant about it.

 

On 7/07/2006 01:52:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Kayla!!!!

Where've you been? I've missed you 'round here.

Sweetie, kissing isn't illegal. If it was, there would be a lot of unhappy people out there, I can tell ya'.

Love Aunt JanieBelle
XOXOXOXOXO

 

On 7/07/2006 03:09:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Welcome, Salvador.

I was hoping you'd show up here eventually.

Can't wait for the book!

And a man who can paraphrase Shakespeare, too!

Me and ol' Bill the playwright, we go wayyyy back.

But just out of curiosity, is there a "fake" Salvador T. Cordova floating around out there in cyberspace somewhere? (Geez, just noticed you don't put an 'e' on the end. sorry)

:)

 

On 7/09/2006 05:02:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Picard. I have a thing for bald men.

K

 

On 7/09/2006 06:29:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Just so everyone's aware, Charlie has made the "ignore/delete" list. It's not because of the retarded YEC crap he started out E-Mailing Janie.

It's because he seems to have taken Janie's remark about sucking up and "tell me about my eyes..." a little too seriously.

To quote Janie, "Just so y'know".

Charlie: Go F yourself. Does your Pastor know you send that crap to 17 year old girls?

 

On 7/09/2006 06:29:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, that was from me.

Corporal Kate

 

On 7/09/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Oh, and one more thing.

You won't be joining in on ANY fun.

CK

 

On 7/09/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Charlie's profile and blog suddenly disappeared today. I guess he got the message.

K

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.