Thursday, July 06, 2006

Whoa, Site Meter is REALLY cool

Ok, see that little site meter box down on the right hand side? It's very cool. Not only does it count how many people visit my blog, but it tells me a little bit about each visitor, like where they are, and what site they came from.

As usual, there's more below the fold...



So I got up this morning, and before I hit the shower (don't smell me yet, you won't like it much) I thought I'd check in and see how things were going. HOLY FRIJOLES, BATMAN!

Wow. There was some serious activity last night, for being so late.

Here are some of the places in the world that have visited my little corner of the blogoverse:

From the US (Hi! What's up?):

Los Angeles, California
Oxnard, California
Santa Clara, California
Titusville, Florida
Pocatello, Idaho
College Park, Maryland
Kansas City, Missouri
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Homerville, Ohio
Kent, Ohio
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Arlington, Texas
Austin, Texas
Dallas, Texas
Annandale, Virginia
Vienna, Virginia
Vancouver, Washington
Germantown, Wisconsin
Madison, Wisconsin


From Europe (Hello, and guten Tag!):

Germany Recklinghausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Switzerland Pratteln, Aargau
United Kingdom Falkirk
United Kingdom Seacroft, Leeds


From down under (G'day, mates!):

Australia Beerwah, Queensland
Australia Dingley, Victoria
New Zealand Christchurch


From Asia (um.. Hi. Sorry, babelfish doesn't do Malaysian):

Malaysia Kampong Batu Sembilan, Negeri Sembilan


Wow.

Most of my hits seem to be coming from UD, probably from clicking on my name there, which is a link to this blog.

I've gotten a few from the blogger "next blog" button.

One person came from a google search page, where they typed in "janiebelle" into the search box. (Checkin' up on me? Or just looking for an old girlfriend with the same name? :) )

Lots of hits to the "tasteful nudes" page, but no one with the courage to post a comment. You guys have no sense of humor. Yer yeller, I tell ya! "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" DON'T BE SUCH A STICK IN THE MUD!

Anywho, Site Meter is really cool. I just wanted to share.

Off to the shower.


4 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/06/2006 06:53:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

...and just in case you hadn't checked the What's New @ UDOJ page lately, I just installed the Site Meter yesterday afternoon.

I think 39 hits just overnight is pretty good.

 

On 7/06/2006 06:33:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, I'm just amazed.

I'm getting hits from so many places here in the U.S. that I'm not even going to bother trying to name them all.

Non U.S. hits from today...

Slovenia
Turkey
Canada
U.K.
New Zealand
Australia
India

Man, this interweb thingy sure makes the world a small place.

 

On 7/07/2006 09:50:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I just started really paying attention to the "referral" part of the stats section. That's pretty cool.

I get a handful of hits from the blogger "next blog" button at the top of the page.

But mostly it looks like the vast majority of my hits come directly from Uncommon Descent. So here's a big fat THANK YOU to the UD readership from both sides of the aisle.

 

On 7/07/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

O Canada!

Just a note to say thank you to whoever it is in Edmonton who just spent like two hours perusing my blog.

If I could sing over the interweb, I'd belt out your National Anthem.

(I know most of the words from hockey games!)

Sorry you guys went down to the Hurricanes. Ok, not real sorry, but it was an exciting series.

JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.