Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wow, How Appropriate Is This Post?

(This post has been UDATED, see below the fold.)

Not to keep harping on the beautiful Dr. Tara Smith, but I've been digging through her old posts.

I mentioned WAY back here in my very first post of any substance that I had taken the silver ring pledge. It's a pledge Christian teenagers take to remain sexually abstinent until marriage.



I mentioned in Kissing Corporal Kate how that pledge passed into the pages of my personal history. (I'm really rather proud of that post for its literary merit. Please go read it. Steamy Romance, no Smut.)

In Dave is a Prude I talked about how Dave wouldn't come back here because I had dropped the pledge, and the ring (not to mention my thong) in the woods aboard Camp Lejeune.(UPDATE: Dave is not a prude after all, see comments below. He might not even be a chicken.)

Then I was apparently banned from UD probably because I was so publicly vocal about it. (UPDATE: Dave says that I'm not banned after all, see comments below.)

As a funny aside, this is what happenend when the ladies at church found out.

Now, I just bumped into this post at Aetiology about how effective these pledges really are.

Let me just say "Wow". Geez o man. Does she cover every single topic under the sun?

Spend some time at her blog. You'll be amazed at the stuff you'll find there, I promise!


16 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/12/2006 03:48:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I decided not to come back because what began as an innocent blog by a bright young woman who'd taken the silver ring vow in a span of about a week turned into a sexual expose suitable for Penthouse Letters. I'm a father and grandfather and I really don't want my wife, children, grandchildren, in-laws, or anyone else stumbling across me contributing to a blog where a young woman who isn't old enough to give consent in 14 states is going on and on about her sexual adventures.

Just for the record I don't care if you like girls. I'm a Howard Stern fan fercrisakes. Lesbians are HOT - well, lipstick lesbians at any rate. But I don't comment on Howard's Stern's blog either.

P.S. You haven't been banned on Uncommon Descent. I have no idea why a comment you wrote didn't appear. I'm not the only editor there but I checked to see if someone else had put you on the blacklist and your name wasn't there. Feel free to resume commenting there, just keep it clean, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

I wish you the best and hope you understand my position.

 

On 7/12/2006 05:39:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave,

Then I apologize if I misjudged you. I have been very upset about being banned over there, but if you say I'm not, then I'll be coming back. I'd really like to finish that conversation with Sal.

I know what you mean, and I won't post any raging rants about liking both boys and girls.

I understand about being a parent, grandparent, and a husband. Really, though, if you read through the things I've written about Kate and I, you'll see there's nothing really explicit in there.

I've never read Penthouse, I'm not allowed to buy it, and never really had an interest, so I can't say what's in there. I can only imagine, though, that's it's a LOT more graphic than anything I'd ever post on this blog.

My stuff is more romantic. Steamy romantic, sure, but that's how it IS in real life.

That being said, you'll never read on this blog about "I put my fingers here" or "She stuck her tongue there". Sorry to disappoint everyone who might be looking for that.

If that's your interest, I suggest you go HERE.

As for consent, I'm old enough to give consent here, and I did give consent, and my parents are very happy for me, so the sex police can piss off. Except for Benson and Stabler. They can both come around anytime!

I'm old enough to make adult decisions, I'm old enough to join the military, I'm old enough to face the consequences of my actions.

After all that blather, I guess what I want to say is that this blog is about my life and the people in it. It's about my growth as a person. Kate is a part of that. You'll being reading a lot about her if you keep reading here.

One last thing. I respect your decision not to post here. Your choice, free country. But I do have an email address, if there's something you'd like to say about the blog, but don't care to have it publicly displayed.

JanieBelle (who is up WAAAYYY too early but wanted to say goodbye to Kate before she left for work)

P.S. You're still a Doo Doo Head. And I mean that in the most affectionate way.

:)

 

On 7/12/2006 05:59:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

One more point of clarity, just for the record.

I am not a lesbian. I am not a bisexual. I am not a heterosexual.

I am a person. Kate is a person. It is an appropriate description to say that we are each and both without sexual preference, but that does not define either of us, merely describes one aspect of each of us.

It's like saying we have green eyes, or long legs.

I hope that makes sense to everyone.

 

On 7/12/2006 09:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"I am a person. Kate is a person."

Exactly.
guthrie

 

On 7/12/2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thank you, guthrie. I'm glad you get it. I'm also glad you've popped in here to comment. I hope you'll do it a lot.

 

On 7/12/2006 09:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

On 7/12/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Stop the presses! I think we may have misunderstood the intent of vino's post here.

Vino, if you'd like to try again, we can start this conversation over.

Truce?

 

On 7/12/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

In our defense, let me just say from both of us, that we've been getting a bit of flack lately, and we may be a little oversensitive.

Corporal Kate.

 

On 7/12/2006 10:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

must sleep first
truce tomorrow

vino of wil

 

On 7/12/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

See you tomorrow, then.

Dream a little dream of us. Both of us.

;)

JanieBelle and Corporal Kate

 

On 7/12/2006 10:51:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Here is the recovered comment by vino in it's entirety, corrected only for tagging so it doesn't mess up our homepage:


davescot may also not wish to interact with someone who has willingly participated in what is, for a marine, an illegal act. As a former marine who is quite emphatic about his patriotism and conservatism, that may have been to much.
See here

vino of wil


We're going to give vino of wil a chance to expound further on this comment before we go ballistic on him.

One preemptive comment though.

Kate's out in a month, and we don't give a damn about stupid laws. The government has no business in our bedroom.

Ok, one more. (from Kate) I'm sure you're aware Dave has no problem speaking his mind. He's never mentioned having a problem with us because we were breaking a military law. The closest he came was a comment about JanieBelle's age as it relates to the age of consent in some states. It's irrelevent, as North Carolina's age of consent is 16.

JanieBelle and Corporal Kate

 

On 7/12/2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

In fact, if you look up above at the very first comment in this thread, Dave explicitly states that he's all good with "lipstick lesbians" so he's already stated that conservatism is not the issue.

He gave his reason in the same comment. Military law, his being a former Marine, his patriotism... none of this is his issue.

His issue is that he wants to maintain a modicum of decorum in the face of his family. It's perfectly reasonable, given his misperception of the contents of this blog.

Our appeal to him is simply that there will be no overt smut here. Nothing wrong with smut, but one doesn't necessarily want one's young children watching.

What one will find on this blog occasionally, or frequently maybe, is some steamy girly romance. (Some of it very steamy!)

(In fact, we would suggest to Dave that he let his wife read the steamy stuff. She might like it, and Dave might get rewarded, which is WAY good with us.)

See my comment above, just under Dave's.

 

On 7/13/2006 09:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I dropped you an e-mail.

vino of wil

 

On 7/13/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

We picked it up and dropped one of our own.

 

On 7/14/2006 04:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Excus eme for being nosy, but what were your reasons for taking the silver ring pledge in the first place?
I can understand how it would appeal, but did you do it as a way of fitting in at church, or to reinforce your own opinions, or what? When people change their minds rapidly, it can be interesting to know why.
guthrie

 

On 7/14/2006 08:49:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi guthrie,

My answer started to get a bit long, so it got its own post. You can read it here.

JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.