Friday, August 04, 2006

The Insomnia Beast Has Me

in his clutches....


So I've done a little moderating, a little commenting, a bit of surfing.

I've watched The Wedding Planner on TV, and now I'm watching Boat Trip. Cheesy but cute.

Of course, by the time you're reading this, I'll probably be passed out, but I've got a question for you.

What do you do when the Insomnia Beast has you in his clutches? Give me some ideas for next time (which will probably be tomorrow night since I'll wind up sleeping all day... Or tonight, actually.)


18 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/04/2006 05:12:00 AM, Blogger Alan Fox waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Read a really hard science book or paper. It sends me off in two minutes.

Mind you, it seems science is beginning to take a back seat here. I still enjoy the erotica though :)

 

On 8/04/2006 10:19:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Try a short jog. Don't be in any hurry. Set a nice relaxing pace where you can enjoy the scenery and not break a sweat. Six miles in a half hour works for me.

 

On 8/04/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

More specifically, that's a 10 yard jog to the car, a little less than 6 miles round trip to the liquor store for a pint of vodka and a quart of orange juice, then a 10 yard jog back in the house.

Mix the vodka and orange juice and drink it down straight away.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA - I kill me sometimes!

 

On 8/04/2006 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Relaxing jog? Were you a world-class distance runner, Dave? Unless, you're currently 30 years old, then not world class.

That's six 5-minute miles, back to back, to back...cross country, I'm assuming.

That's spectacular for a man your age.

For a look at just how good Dave is, see these comparisons from 10k races around the country:

Check the Course Records
He'd of smoked 'em all here.
This is one of the fastest 10k races in the country & Dave would've placed 3rd!
signed,

#6

 

On 8/04/2006 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

okay, I sort of take that back, then.

signed,

#6

 

On 8/04/2006 06:18:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ummm... did I need to bold the word car in the second comment?

a 10 yard jog to the car, a six mile round trip to the liquor store...

Or perhaps I should have said a six mile round trip drive to the liquor store to make it p plainer. Sheesh.

 

On 8/04/2006 07:11:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Now Dave.

He read the first comment, went off half cocked and commented without reading the rest, realized what he'd done, and apologized...sort of.

We've all done it. It happens. Play nice.

I'd kiss you, but you don't want what I've got, trust me. Not even virtually.

JanieBelle

 

On 8/04/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

See that? Were I feeling better, I'd never have said, "I'd kiss you, but you don't want what I've got, trust me. Not even virtually."

That's just open season for snide remarks.

 

On 8/04/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Paging Mr. Story, Mr. Story, you've missed your cue. (This would be where you would make a malicious attack on a sick seventeen year old girl, Rambo.)

 

On 8/04/2006 09:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Make fun of a sick girl? You can be a bitch, you know that? I don't know what you have against me, but that's not the purpose of this comment.

(deep breath)

Apparently I made a mistake. I make no bones of the fact that I make mistakes and I do a fair amount of drinking (tonight it's Burnett's vodka, and quite a bit of it) and I made some posts recently where I was full of myself and thought I'd figured out some big mystery and that "JanieBelle" and "Kate" were made up. I make mistakes all the time. (Last week I called Paul Nelson a Moonie on I think Pharyngula, and he's not a Moonie, I was thinking of Jonathan Wells.) It didn't help that some other people at our little AtBC thread thought the same thing, and I suppose that helped me think what I thought. Janie and I have been talking in email and she was insulted and I wanted proof, and, to make a long story short, I live in Durham, NC, and that's not very far by I-40, and I have a friend, Capt. Matt L***** in Marine intel at Lejune, and I'm afraid it is quite certain now that Kate exists. I do not know about JanieBelle, but since Kate is real, and really at Lejune, I have to conclude that Kate and Janie do exist. So I apologize, and you can quit portraying me as a bastard. You win. I was wrong. Stop getting your manners from Davetard. You're a 17-yro girl. You should be reading Jitterbug Perfume in a field somewhere, not getting in pissing contests with 30-year-old anklebiters on the internet.

-steve s
(and if you want proof that's who I am, my IP is xxxxxxxxx) Steve, I'm removing this, it's not necessary, and unwise. -- jb

ps you need to cool it with telling anyone enough info to identify Kate. She could get unceremoniously kicked out of the military for certain things. And did you sense the irony of you calling me and other AtBCers fags, or did that escape you?

 

On 8/05/2006 12:31:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Steve,

It was very big of you to apologize and admit you were wrong, both here and at AtBC.

I accept your apology, and return one of my own. I have perhaps been overly sensitive and have overreacted badly. That said, I would still appreciate it if you would not make personal attacks on my commenters at my blog. What you do at AtBC is not my concern, of course.

I hope that your Capt. Matt has the good grace to not out Kate. He shouldn't be sharing such things with other people. He keeps his mouth shut for two more weeks 'til she's out, you keep yours shut, we'll keep ours shut, no harm, no foul, everybody goes home happy. That's a deal I'm happy to make.

Forgive the delay in my response, we've been having some trouble with our London reservations, and I have been trying desperately to fix them.

I am well aware I can be a bitch. Nobody's perfect, I suppose. But you have no idea... perhaps sometime I'll give you my Mom's number, and you can talk to her. I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you AAAALLLLL about it.

All that said, I'm still sick, I'm tired, I'm going to try to get just a little more work done and go to sleep. I'll tell Kate in the morning to look for your comments.

FYI, we already had your IP address, but thank you anyway.

I'll not portray you as a bastard, as long as you behave on my blog.

Irony is not something I often miss. Yes, I was aware of it, and actually chuckled about it myself.

For being man enough to admit when you were wrong,

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 12:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

No need to let me talk to your mom, I really don't care to get involved here. And it's good that Kate is getting out in a few weeks, they're really nuts about discharging people for that reason. Just this week I read on MSNBC that they have fired arabic translators for certain indiscretions, so you know they're ballistic about certain things. I'm not revealling Matt's identity for two reasons. One, I'm sure that they don't care for people mentioning who's in Marine intel--Matt has told me what country he's spent the most time in over the last few years, and you absolutely wouldn't expect which one it is, I mean, I've heard of it, but never once heard it was part of the "War on Terrror", and two because Matt's actually very gung-ho and he would probably try to kick Kate out himself, such a bizarre stickler he is. He believes the rules of the Corps supercede anything, and I don't agree, so I didn't tell him why I was asking him to meet Kate.

 

On 8/05/2006 12:56:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well she had to leave me here by myself for a meeting on base (it was pre-scheduled). (She's actually on leave until she's out.) She didn't mention anything out of the ordinary, but she's spending all her time tending to me, so that's not unexpected. Thank you for not telling him anything. The fewer people who know, the less like for something to go wrong. With only two weeks left, it would suck for her to get in trouble now.

Perhaps you are secretly a gentleman after all, and just don't want the world to know.

I've suspected your ass wasn't as hard as you let on, if that makes you feel any better.

Kate was just being protective of me. I hope you'll understand her motives.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 12:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

FYI:

I don't think this'll come up, but I just thought I'd give you a heads-up from my own military days:

According to the UCMJ, once you're active duty, they can recall you at any time. So technically, they could, at any time in the future, recall Katrina and charge her with various things relating to her situation. This will probably never happen, but it's not something to sneeze at. What's more of a problem are the stop-loss orders which have gone around lately. I hope, for your sakes, that Kate is allowed out--Rumsfeld and those guys have interfered with that recently. I'm not saying it'll probably affect you, but do pay attention to it. Just because you are scheduled to be discharged does not necessarily mean you will be discharged.

-steve s

 

On 8/05/2006 01:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I've suspected your ass wasn't as hard as you let on, if that makes you feel any better.

Kate was just being protective of me. I hope you'll understand her motives.

Kisses,
JanieBelle


As has been previously mentioned, my ass is that of a 30-year old with a huge drinking problem, so no, it's not very hard. It's nice and squooshy. ;-)

 

On 8/05/2006 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Looks like I missed the party.

I WAS in a big meeting yesterday.

I don't remember talking to a Captain with that name yesterday, but I talked to ALOT of officers and senior NCOs some I knew, most I didn't. I didn't write all their names down.

You know what they say about intel guys (and girls),

You can run, but you can't hide.

10Q for not saying WHY you wanted to look me up.

If everybody is happy, can we move on now?

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/05/2006 08:44:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

My dearest Love Kate,

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything publicly, but if you can start an office pool on when I'm going to puke, then I can correct your English.

"Alot" is two words.

:p

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/05/2006 11:47:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, this whole thing just gets weirderer and weirderer.

"Alice in Wonderland" just doesn't even begin to describe it.

No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when reality comes back to normal.

Thanks,
JanieBelle

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.