Thursday, August 03, 2006

For DaveScot

Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but since Arden Chatfield already found it and announced it to the world, Janie and I decided we might as well make an announcement of our own.


Dave,

Janie and I have really been grateful for the way you've conducted yourself on our blog. You have been very good about not flippin' out here, even when you've been provoked. As much as we appreciate that, we felt you should have a place to vent, as well.

Several times you've mentioned that you wouldn't do your own blog because of all the work involved. Most of that is the setup, really. After that, it pretty much runs itself.

Janie, as sick as she is, put together a place for you. Now, don't think we don't want you here, because WE ABSOLUTELY DO! But at the same time, you really do need a place where you don't have to mince your words. Someplace you don't have to be so considerate. As modest as she is, Janie says that place wasn't much work, just a little copy and paste, with a bit of "tweaking".

Trust me on this, I watched her build it. It was way more work than she's admitting. Especially considering she did it in between puking episodes.

The place is yours, and she says you can take over and even remove her from the admin list whenever you're ready. And she'll make whatever changes you like first, if you want.

It's YOUR place.

It's Dave's New Digs



58 Eloquent Orations:

On 8/03/2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Kate

Actually I prefer to be held to some standard of decorum for my own sake. Do they still use the term "jungle rules" in my beloved Corps? Those are what I play by when nothing else is in effect. I also like to remain mobile and a blog with my name on it sort of ties me down if you know what I mean. It becomes a responsibility I can't just walk away from like I walked away from UD. I hugely appreciate what Janie did. She's a real sweetheart and you're a lucky girl to have her. When I first saw it I thought it may have been a hint that I was taking up too much space here. I appreciate you're saying that's not the case but I'm not quite sure I believe it. I have a thick skin so just tell me to STFU if so. Or if I'm attracting a crowd you don't want I'll understand that too but (hard to believe, isn't it?) you actually seem to like the Church Burnin' Ebola Boys. I must admit I'm a little fond of them myself - sort of like my dawg is fond of his chew toys. :-)

 

On 8/03/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave,

Jungle Rules is exactly why Janie set the blog up for you. She thinks (and I agree) that you need a place for that now and again.

That place doesn't need to have any more responsibility than you want to give it.

I know what you mean though.

I agree about Janie. She really is a one-in-a-million girl, and I'm fully aware of that. I make sure I tell her every chance I get.

YOU ARE NOT TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE HERE. If you were, there'd be Big Green Marker all over your comments. We have the power, and we're not afraid to use it.

:)

I like some of the "Church Burnin' Ebola Boys". Some more than others. Same as anyone.

You and I are on opposite sides of the ID/Evo fence, but that doesn't define either of us any more than our hair color or sexual preference (or lack thereof).

Truth be told, I think some of them like you exactly like you like them. Think of it as something you have in common.

:)

All that said, Janie's pretty disappointed. I hope you'll take a few days to reconsider. If not, Janie says the delete button is easy to push.

She's pretty upset, but some of that may just be because she's so damned sick. Don't base your decision on that. No guilt trips intended here.

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/03/2006 01:18:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I'd rather play by jungle rules on Davison's blog. It's getting ridiculous now. He doesn't want me to have the last comment, even though he said the blog is now mine. All I want to do is have the last comment on it be the one that links Davison making a promise to me then breaking it. He can't stand the proof of his lying ways being there. So he countered my tactic of repeating the same comment 30 times (which takes him too much time to delete) with placing a single exceedingly long comment at the end. That works so well I started doing it myself. My last comment there must've been 100K (100 repeats of a 1K comment). I'm toying with him, of course. I have a broadband connection and it takes me no time at all to do that. He has an analog modem connection and must be up into the minutes now for him to add a comment. Am I being cruel, do you think? The only reason the craven little pissant got a graduate degree was so he could get a college deferment during the Korean war. He was never cut out to be a scientist. The University of Vermont's salary history is online and I checked on Davison. After teaching at UVM for 30 years his ending salary in 2000 was $37,555, about half of what the top paid associate professors at UVM pull down. They refused to grant him emeritus status (UVM maintains an online list of emeriti too). He has gone around in various places misrepresenting himself as a Professor Emeritus since then when all he's entitled to claim is former associate professor. He denies being fired by UVM but a reference to an email correspondence I found has him saying UVM threatened detunure. Given that he isn't listed on the UVM emeriti role it would appear he was indeed fired.

I haven't posted this information anywhere other than his blog where he could delete and/or bury it but I've had enough of all the lies he makes up about me so the truth shall be known.

Final UVM Salary Link

UVM Emerti List with no John Davison

Davison Reportedly Resigns Under Threat of Detenure (top of page) all better -jb

Davison Misrepresents Himself as Professor Emeritus in a letter to biology journal Rivista Di Biologia

 

On 8/03/2006 01:42:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Janie and Kate,

You both should feel flattered that I prefer to blog where you moderate. I don't want to moderate anything (it's really a lot of work) but I want the benefit of excellent moderation. I authored a huge online multiplayer card & board game site 10 years ago that in its hayday had 700+ people logged into at one time every night chatting and playing games. My son has been running it since I retired from Dell almost 7 years ago and it's still around at http://www.cardandboardgames.com. All my moderators were women and at least half the users were women (or pretended to be ;-) ). If you want the best in moderation you have to get women to do it. They can lead men around by the nose (or other fleshy appendages as required) with a bat of their eyelashes and they're natural born enforcers of civility. If you want people to frequent your electronic forums, cater to women and the men will show up just to be around them.

Thank you both.

 

On 8/03/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave asked

"Can you gals find a script that enable comment editing for the person that posted it?"

I initially looked for such a script, Dave. I never did find one that would do that.

Although I'm quite sure that most of our regular commenters are quite honorable, and would use such a tool for purposes such as you would have in this instance, there are some not-so-regulars about whom I would be concerned. It might not be a good idea to let some of them go back and edit things they've previously said.

Plus, it would render impotent my Big Green Marker, and we certainly wouldn't want that, would we? I mean, what if DAJ figured out how to clean up my ... improvements, shall we say? (Not that HE ever would figure out how to use it... he can't even figure out how to make a second post... but as an example.)

What fun would there be in that?

Kate and I have been following your escapades over at the tinfoil hat guy's blog. We find it rather amusing, so please don't stop.

Just tell him we said "hello".

"Am I being cruel, do you think?"

That man deserves every ounce of what he gets. My answer is a "yes, but..."

Your comment on his honesty and integrity will stand as long as this blog is open, I promise you that. And much to the chagrin of some of the idiots at AtBC*, I plan to stick around quite a while.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

*Not that all, or even most of the AtBC crowd is composed of idiots, but there a few striking examples. I don't even bother going there anymore. The only reason I went last night was because the blog-o-meter at Dave's Digs started lighting up like a Christmas tree, so I went to see what was up.

 

On 8/03/2006 01:48:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

On the women moderator thing... there are exceptions to every rule. Denyse O'Leary doesn't count. Bill had the right idea but the wrong female(?). LOL

 

On 8/03/2006 01:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Not that all, or even most of the AtBC crowd is composed of idiots, but there a few striking examples.

But they're allowed free rein here?

signed,

#6

 

On 8/03/2006 01:56:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Whilst I was piddling, Dave said:
"You both should feel flattered that I prefer to blog where you moderate."
We are. You might want to adjust your hat band there, bucko.

:)

"If you want the best in moderation you have to get women to do it. "

We agree, but we might be biased. For the most part, though, it's not been too much trouble. A gentle but firm reminder now and again has been most of our work in that.

"They can lead men around by the nose (or other fleshy appendages as required) with a bat of their eyelashes and they're natural born enforcers of civility."

While I've never actually led a man by his "fleshy appendage", the concept intrigues me. A bit of leather, my riding crop, and I think I'll give that a try sometime.

;)

And I think the inate ability of women to enforce civility is directly tied to men's dislike of sleeping on the couch.

It's amazing what 6 inches of flesh can accomplish.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 01:57:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

As I recall, Steve Story got the (combat) boot pretty quick.

Hey Kate, "the big green marker" sounds suspiciously like "the big green weenie". Any influence from our beloved Corps in the marker's name?

 

On 8/03/2006 02:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sorry, my use of pronouns was poor. I wasn't referring to the AtBC people specifically. I was referring to idiots in general.

signed,

#6

 

On 8/03/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"On the women moderator thing... there are exceptions to every rule. Denyse O'Leary doesn't count."

We agree. She doesn't count as a woman.

"But they're allowed free rein here?"

They most certainly are not. I'm afraid my illness has kept me from keeping as close an eye on things as usual. Dave will attest to that, as will any of our regulars.

I'm sick, and Kate is doing her best to keep me off the laptop. If I sleep any more, though, I'm afraid I'll wake up with moss growing on me.

JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 02:03:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"And I think the inate ability of women to enforce civility is directly tied to men's dislike of sleeping on the couch."

It's the promise of sex as a reward for good behavior. No matter how remote the possibility, if there's a woman around, the possibility exists. Pavlov didn't need to study dogs... animals closer to home would have done just as well. LOL

 

On 8/03/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"As I recall, Steve Story got the (combat) boot pretty quick."

Yes, he did, didn't he. Then he came back, we gave him a second chance, he got about 3 or 4 comments in, and he got the (combat) boot again.

"Hey Kate, "the big green marker" sounds suspiciously like "the big green weenie". Any influence from our beloved Corps in the marker's name?"

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Big Green Marker got its name from me. It was just descriptive. Kate hasn't told me about the Big Green Weenie, though. She's just gone to the pharmacy (which is how I'm still on the laptop) but I'll ask her when she gets back. It sounds interesting...

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 02:10:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

#6 said:

"I wasn't referring to the AtBC people specifically. I was referring to idiots in general."

Anyone who doesn't engage in personal attacks on our commenters is welcome here. You sir, are dangerously close to being introduced to the aforementioned Big Green Marker.

JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 02:14:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave wisely noted:
"It's the promise of sex as a reward for good behavior. No matter how remote the possibility, if there's a woman around, the possibility exists."

Exactly my point. And though the possibility is more remote for some than others, it's NEVER exactly zero.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 02:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Would this qualify as a personal attack:

DaveScot said:

guthrie

We don't know that that universe didn't just pop into existence a few thousand years ago. We don't know it really exists at all. We may be living in The Matrix. I don't intend to waste space addressing such questions. You're a troll making assinine points and this is my last response to you.


Just wondering? So I can be familiar with the groundrules.

signed,

#6

 

On 8/03/2006 02:14:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And furthermore, lest you think I think men are dogs, I have this to say:

Woof! Woof woof woof!

HAHAHAHAHA! I kill me sometimes.

I gotta go pick up one of my giant puppies from the vet's now. She had her anal scent glands expressed this morning. She was getting kind of ripe. She also had some sort of cyst on her elbow. The vet said it was from laying on hard surfaces and it was just a sac of fluid like a blister only deep under the skin. Her favorite spot is the cool tiles on the entryway by the front door so that makes sense. Our floors are hardwood in any case and they don't always sleep on their papasans. The vet said we might need to get elbow pads and make her wear them. ELBOW PADS! Hard to believe, isn't it?

 

On 8/03/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"Would this qualify as a personal attack:"

Yes it would.

So what, are you the class tattle tale, now? If guthrie had brought it to my attention, I would have admonished even Dave for it.

"Just wondering? So I can be familiar with the groundrules."

The groundrules are thus -

Don't make personal attacks on our commenters.

It's our blog, and we'll make exceptions wherever it pleases us.

I'm occasionally specious. Kate is more even-keeled. She who holds the laptop, holds the power.

Regular commenters in our good graces have been known to be granted signifigant latitude.

Dave, for one. Blipey for another. guthrie, though he usually chooses not to take advantage of that, would be another. Note that both sides of the evo/id war are represented here.

No one is required to come here, and no one is required to stay here.

Flattery and general up-sucking is not only tolerated, but encouraged.

Relax, you'll live longer.


JanieBelle

 

On 8/03/2006 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well, I see #6 hasn't started out so well.

For the record, I "have the power" for the time being.

Janie is sick, and doen't need this shit at the moment. Stressing her out when she's sick would piss me off.

Pissing ME off by stressing HER out would NOT be good for your career at this blog.

Her reprimand for being on the computer will have to wait until she's feeling well enough to enjoy it.

Anyone else's for being a dick will be immediate and green.

'nuff said.

Kate

 

On 8/03/2006 03:09:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave said:

"And furthermore, lest you think I think men are dogs, I have this to say:

Woof! Woof woof woof!

HAHAHAHAHA! I kill me sometimes."


You kill me, too.

If men weren't all dogs, what would be the point of pussy-

cats?

"Just wonderin'" as Janie says.

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/03/2006 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

It's not original, but it's funny.

:)

 

On 8/03/2006 03:30:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hey Kate, "the big green marker" sounds suspiciously like "the big green weenie". Any influence from our beloved Corps in the marker's name?

HAHAHA I thought you'd missed that. Janie didn't know about the Big Green Weenie. If you look back at the Science thread, the marker was originally gray, like the rest of the text. I told her it should be green. She came up with the name all by herself, and couldn't figure out why I kept laughing about it.

So yes, there was some influence. She just didn't know it.

For everyone else who was never one of The Few, The Proud, "The Big Green Weenie" is what our Beloved Corps uses to screw you with.

Kisses,
(no weenie)
Kate

 

On 8/03/2006 03:43:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I think that the first time she called the Big Green Marker on the blog was HERE on the Davison v. Godzilla thread.

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/03/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Peer pressure among adolescent boys is so amusing. A couple of the semi-regulars on ATBC are going on again about how Janie and Kate must be fakes.

That's not so surprising. One of them is jujuquisp a.k.a. vanbom@yahoo.com a.k.a. Jesse Vanbommel, MD who has it in for me since I outted his stupid ass a couple of months ago. I wonder if his employer knows about him using their network to post embarrassing crap under a pseudonym?

At any rate, girls, the noteworthy thing is that NONE of your erstwhile ATBC "friends" have stood up in your defense. I guess chivalry IS dead in some circles. ATBC is a snakepit where nothing is below them and making fun of retards and cripples is considered great sport. What a bunch of weak little boys. These would be the kind that pee their pants in Marine Corps boot camp or claim to be queer in order to get medical discharges.

 

On 8/03/2006 08:14:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Yup. That's the The Big Green Weenie alright. Do they still use that special name for the garrison cap? The pisscutter, also known as the _ _ _ _ cap. I read that calling it a pisscutter is out of vogue because of political incorrectness. That's a laugh considering its uber politically incorrect slang name.

 

On 8/03/2006 08:26:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks for reinforcing my point, bioweakling.

 

On 8/03/2006 09:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Nice to see you're still a name-calling, whining, jack___, DaveScot.

signed,

#6

 

On 8/04/2006 12:55:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Sorry we've been absent. I've been getting ill again.

Dave said "A couple of the semi-regulars on ATBC are going on again about how Janie and Kate must be fakes."

Don't care. Perhaps if they believed in girls, they'd all have girlfriends and not spend their time trying to debunk the notion of girls. Their problem, their loss. Girls are soft and squishy.

"...jujuquisp..." With a name like that, no wonder he doesn't have a girlfriend.

"NONE of your erstwhile ATBC "friends" have stood up in your defense"

Oh well. I'm much more concerned about how they act here. I don't bother going over there anymore. Same old same old. They need girlfriends.

"The pisscutter, also known as the _ _ _ _ cap."

Kate says that word starts with C and ends with unt and yes, it's still used, but not around the brass. Today, everyone is uptight and looking over their shoulders over sexual harrassment. She says they've gone way overboard on it.

"I read that calling it a pisscutter is out of vogue because of political incorrectness. That's a laugh considering its uber politically incorrect slang name."

Same answer, same reason.

"Thanks for reinforcing my point, bioweakling."

"Nice to see you're still a name-calling, whining, jack___, DaveScot.
"


Enough. I'm sick for cryin' out loud. Poor Kate is worn out from such glamorous things as cleaning up puke.

Give us a damn break for a day or two, will you guys?

JanieBelle

 

On 8/04/2006 01:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

At any rate, girls, the noteworthy thing is that NONE of your erstwhile ATBC "friends" have stood up in your defense. I guess chivalry IS dead in some circles. ATBC is a snakepit where nothing is below them and making fun of retards and cripples is considered great sport. What a bunch of weak little boys. These would be the kind that pee their pants in Marine Corps boot camp or claim to be queer in order to get medical discharges.


How does anyone, even me, a stupid, ignorant, troll and internet bully with severe violence issues (wanting to beat off while reading Farmboy Love magazine) and sexual jealousy issues (dreaming of Dembski the girlyman and wondering what his jock size is), get to be so staggeringly blind to his own idiocy and hypocrisy?

Interesting to note that the number of visitors here seems to be in freefall since this turned into the DaveScot and JanieBelle sieshow. Actually our numbers are up, and we're not complaining. Thanks for asking. Hope you enjoy the Big Green Marker as much as I do, troll. Buh bye. --jb



 

On 8/04/2006 01:37:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Alright, I admit. I was curious so I peeked. No wonder no one said anything. Nobody could possibly take them seriously, look who's blathering...

Dr. Jujufruit - 'nuff said to quote you and Kate both.

Some guy who can't even spell Orgy.

k.e - Does anybody know what that girl smokes? Have you ever read what she writes? She did way too many drugs in the sixties. Near as I can tell, whenever she opens her big yap, everyone rolls their eyes, whistles dixie, and walks away embarrassed.

Anyways, like I said... same ol same ol.

JanieBelle


And in case Wonderidiot is smarter than DAJ and deletes his own comment, here it is in full... As corrected, of course:

At any rate, girls, the noteworthy thing is that NONE of your erstwhile ATBC "friends" have stood up in your defense. I guess chivalry IS dead in some circles. ATBC is a snakepit where nothing is below them and making fun of retards and cripples is considered great sport. What a bunch of weak little boys. These would be the kind that pee their pants in Marine Corps boot camp or claim to be queer in order to get medical discharges.


How does anyone, even me, a stupid, ignorant, troll and internet bully with severe violence issues (wanting to beat off while reading Farmboy Love magazine) and sexual jealousy issues (dreaming of Dembski the girlyman and wondering what his jock size is), get to be so staggeringly blind to his own idiocy and hypocrisy?

Interesting to note that the number of visitors here seems to be in freefall since this turned into the DaveScot and JanieBelle sieshow. Actually our numbers are up, and we're not complaining. Thanks for asking. Hope you enjoy the Big Green Marker as much as I do, troll. Buh bye. --jb




 

On 8/04/2006 02:24:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

For anyone interested, the big spike in the middle of the above chart is from when I Posted This Rant. (Warning: Hurricane Jane blows with a foul mouthed wind!)

 

On 8/04/2006 03:44:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"Give us a damn break for a day or two, will you guys?"

Aye aye, ma'am. [snappy salute]

Consider it done.

 

On 8/04/2006 03:52:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You's girls should swear more often to get the traffic up! Take lessons from Kate. Marines can swear better than sailors you know. Sailors are our bus drivers, by the way. Well, Kate's bus driver. I was a wing wiper and didn't get near ships.

 

On 8/04/2006 03:59:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Thanks, Dave.

I knew I could count on you.

I appreciate it.

First I'm sick for two days and sleep until Kate started calling me "Rip Van Winkle", now I can't sleep at all, it's nearly 5 o'clock in the morning, and I'm still sick.

The last thing I can deal with now is a flame war.

Kisses,
JanieBelle

P.S. Kate usually refers to them as "taxi drivers".

As for swearing, I've actually considered looking for excuses to whip up Hurricane Jane.

Alas, I am become a blog-o-meter whore.

Unfortunately, I can't do it well if I'm not really pissed off. Maybe I'll open a thread just for commenters to insult me. I'd probably just laugh until I puked, though, instead of get pissed off.

 

On 8/04/2006 04:21:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I see Kate had to address some more of WonderBritches' genius.

 

On 8/04/2006 08:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Interesting. Wonderpants spends a good deal of time addressing the issues of science which jb said she wanted explained. He provides both answers and avenues for her to do her own research...but he is a troll.

As is guthrie (according to ds). I see guthrie is a troll because he proposes questions for ds that ds doesn't want (can't?) answer.

But, ds himself is not a troll, even though he refuses to answer questions, participates in name-calling, and generally leaves a whole bunch of threads littered with non-sequiters and no conclusions. For a partial list see these:

The Science Thread, UDoJ
Unanswered Bloviating at Open Letter, UDoJ
A patently ridiculous statement on UDoJ
Seems to have abandon this one on UDoJ
No answers here
Nice.
Oops, never finished this one on Languedoc either
Now, now, Dave; you don't want to talk education either, remember?

Yes, a very productive member of any forum. By all means take him seriously, and even more seriously than anyone else, because

Well, just because.

signed,

#6

 

On 8/04/2006 08:35:00 AM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

No, #6, Wonderpants was always more than welcome here up until that last little tirade. Janie and I have repeatedly asked for calm, especially since she's spent the last two days puking her guts up.

Wonderpants suddenly decided it was a good time to go insane and start calling Dave all sorts of lovely names.

She was right to smack him down, and I would have done it, too, but I might not have given him the (combat) boot. Bear in mind that I have no love for ID, and am a 100% dyed in the wool science supporter.

You yourself are beginning to piss me off. Your comments are unproductive, uninformative, and 12 year old whining at best.

I suggest you might be more comfortable participating at this forum.

If you have nothing more important to do than run around the blog tattling on Dave, you're welcome to see yourself to the door.

Kate

 

On 8/04/2006 11:10:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Kate,

Bear in mind that I have no love for ID, and am a 100% dyed in the wool science supporter.

That's great but I think when it comes to making a rational assessment of design you need to be a 100% dyed in the wool engineering supporter.

Let's consider the problem of what sequence of mutations was required to form the bacterial flagellum. Evidently scientists are content with imagining that an unspecified series of random mutations can build a flagellum. I guess that's why scientists aren't called upon to build things like bridges. They wouldn't work very well if we just imagine there's a way to turn steel beams into a bridge.

Just for grins (this is a real thigh slapper) let's imagine that a scientist someday lays out a specific sequence of mutations where each step has incrementally increased survival value - a sequence for something simple and basic like the evolution of a nucleus.

As a science supporter, can you tell me what possible test might be performed to discriminate between a directed and undirected mutation? In fact, can you tell me what tests have been performed on ANY naturally occuring mutation that discriminated between directed and undirected mutations? As a science supporter surely you've demanded that before design can be ruled out there was some definitive test performed to determine that so-called random mutations are indeed undirected.

Let's take a genetically engineered tomato for another example. Some of the mutations were directed by humans to give it a longer shelf life. Is there a scientifically valid test of some sort that could, absent information about which mutations were directed, detect the intelligently directed modifications?

There is indeed such a method. It doesn't work in all cases and like most things in science it doesn't provide 100% certain results. I'll give you a hint by specifying an easy case for discrimination. The genetic engineer inserted a string of codons whose digital values when translated to correspond to the ascii characters spells out "Copyright 2006 Genentech". While we can't be certain that such a string occured naturally we can conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that it isn't a freak coincidence.

 

On 8/04/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Dave,

I'll have to come back to this. I'm trying to keep half an eye on the blog, but I'm on serious bucket duty this morning.

Janie is really really sick.

Minimal moderation is about the best I'll be able to manage for the moment.

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/04/2006 12:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

No, #6, Wonderpants was always more than welcome here up until that last little tirade. Janie and I have repeatedly asked for calm, especially since she's spent the last two days puking her guts up.

Wonderpants suddenly decided it was a good time to go insane and start calling Dave all sorts of lovely names.




I didn't go insane. I just thought that if Dave Scot can insult people with abandon, I might get in on the fun. Funny how it's OK for DaveScot to throw insults around, but no one else is.

And even you've got no room to complain, since you're not exactly squeaky clean. Why are you remarking about people at ATBC needing to get girlfriends, when they've all been entirely above board?

 

On 8/04/2006 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Entirely above to you, that is.

 

On 8/04/2006 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wonderpants,

I really don't have time for a bunch of crap. If you want to get back to science and scientific arguments, fine. If you want to deliberately poke Dave in the eye, do it elsewhere.

blipey, for one, hasn't always been nice to Dave. He's earned a little latitude. As has Dave. And if either of THEM had come in here spouting that crap you did, they would get a warning, too.

I want you to stay and comment on science, for Janie's sake. Stop being an ass. Final warning.

"Our blog, our rules, behold the door." -- Janie

As for the handful of idiots at AtBC that crap all over that place, I give you Acid Man and Asshole boy.

Need I say more? One guy (we both thought he was a girl) is seriously burned out from the '60s. The other one has been banned here TWICE for being a Dickhead. And although he claims

"I actually can't go to UDOJ very often, because it's a bit nauseating to watch a guy write as if he's two bisexual girls, leading Dave on."

he spends alot of time here several times EACH AND EVERY DAY. The blog-o-meter don't lie.

Serious Street Cred right there, man.

NOT!

So much for being above board.

Janie doesn't really give a shit, but I do. They really ought to just stop posting and get right to sucking each other's dick.

Truth is they're both morons.

Take a sec and think about it.

Suppose they're right. Suppose we were just MorphoDyke playing a joke on Dave, who they hate with some weird blind obsession thing.

Why tell him? So even if they were right, which they are NOT, they're still morons.

They're like some fat drunk redneck who takes his kid to see one of those magicians in the park. When they get there, they start hollering "Duh, I know how he dun dat. He had a card in his ASS!! HARHARHAR." They have to tell the world just how smart they are, but they're really just showing us all what complete asswipes they are.

Any questions?

 

On 8/04/2006 01:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

If you want to get back to science and scientific arguments, fine.

I'll discuss the science but only to point you in the right direction. I certainly can't persuade you singlehandedly. And I have to ask if you actually intend on deciding whether evolution or ID is more convincing, since it seems you're just sitting on the fence.


"Our blog, our rules, behold the door." -- Janie

Sure, it's your blog and all, but I still don't see why there's one rule for DS and another for everyone else, and why you would attack people with remarks along the lines of "why don't they just suck each other's dick (paraphrased)?" because they don't believe you are who you say you are. Personally, I don't care who you are one way or another, but it is very very easy to pretend to be someone online.

 

On 8/04/2006 01:47:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"I'll discuss the science but only to point you in the right direction. I certainly can't persuade you singlehandedly. And I have to ask if you actually intend on deciding whether evolution or ID is more convincing, since it seems you're just sitting on the fence."

Thanks, but I don't need convincing. My decision was made a long time ago. Janie needs the assist, and I'm not a biologist.

"Sure, it's your blog and all, but I still don't see why there's one rule for DS and another for everyone else, "

There's one rule. It bends for people who have earned the right to bend it. Dave is only one of those who have. You are not one of those who have. Seems clear to me. You don't have to like it, you don't have to understand it. You DO have to live by it if you want to continue here.

"why you would attack people with remarks along the lines of "why don't they just suck each other's dick..."

It looks like that's what they're eventually getting around to from here. If they'd just get to it, maybe they'd leave Janie alone. I don't appreciate their character assination any more than they appreciate mine.

"I don't care who you are one way or another,"

Same here.

"but it is very very easy to pretend to be someone online"

Well I guess if you really wanted to, it's your life. I'm happy being me. It's a pretty fancy setup with no purpose for a hoax, if you ask me. I think any nitwit with half a brain could see that.

So I guess it boils down to this. They came here uninvited, returned to someplace I used to enjoy, and even Janie was hooked on and they took a big shit here and then went there and took another one.

That pisses me off.

they deserve what I said about them.

Don't you dare stand there and whine about being above board and being honest. They wouldn't know integrity if it bit them on their little tiny dicks.

I have to tend to Janie. Act right or go the fuck home.

Kate

 

On 8/04/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wow, looks like I stirred the hornets over there.

Funny note.

The ONE THING I said about k.e. that WASN'T meant to be offensive

"(we both thought he was a girl)"

Was the one thing he seems to be upset over.

Sorry k.e, it wasn't an insult. We just thought you were a girl. You don't really refer to yourself much.

Too funny. Just too damned funny.

 

On 8/04/2006 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Liked the "sappholigious" joke though.

:)

Can we borrow that?

 

On 8/04/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

And here I thought rip off his head and shit down his neck was just an expression.

It's a pretty fancy setup with no purpose for a hoax, if you ask me. I think any nitwit with half a brain could see that.

No screaming eagle shit. Even I flunked the cunt cap test, btw. I blamed it on being a wing wiper as we're a little more refined than the ground pounders. :-p

 

On 8/04/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

...and she thinks I'M cute when I'm mad.

Kate says to inform you the current proper acceptable term for them used-to-fall-out-of-perfectly-good-airplanes
people is "Barfing buzzards" or "Puking Chickens". You'll need to adjust your swear phrase accordingly. And they fall out of perfectly good helicopters these days, on ropes, not parachutes. Then she used a phrase I don't care to repeat, since I'm sick and not p.o.ed. She says you'll know what it is, anyways. It involves feminine hygiene products.

She also says it's still true that the only thing that falls out of the sky is birdsh*t.

I'm feeling slightly better, so I'll try to stick my head in from time to time this evening. Don't be upset if I don't get right back to you.

JanieBelle

 

On 8/06/2006 05:10:00 AM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Wing wipers aren't paratroopers. A wing wiper is a member of the Air Wing. You know, like Pappy Boyington and the Black Sheep Squadron (VMF-214) which I happened to work with among others but Pappy was C/O before my time. We're the ones with the jets and helicopters providing close air support and that kind of stuff. I was stationed at MCAS El Toro most of my hitch. My job was meteorological equipment repair. I took tender loving care of various electronic gimcracks like weather radars, radiosonde tracking systems, satellite facsimile receivers, and closed circuit television systems that distributed the current weather report to the squadron ready rooms (ready rooms are where pilots get their briefings right before they kick the tires and light the fires). We practiced our craft in big ground/air desert wargames in the Mojave in back of 29 Palms. The wargames were twice a year for two weeks but about twice a month a couple of us from my shop would drive out there to "check" our equipment. We'd always leave on a Friday morning, get our checkout done that day, then spend the rest of the weekend partying on the Colorado River at Parker Dam. The drinking age in CA was 21 and I wasn't 21 yet. The Colorado River at Parker Dam forms the border between California and Arizona. The drinking age in Arizon was 18 back then so you might imagine the Arizona side of the river was a popular place amongst 18-20 year old Californians and big riverside nightclubs were there to accomodate them. Those were the days...

And jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is an unnatural act that I never did.

 

On 8/06/2006 07:12:00 AM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Hi Dave,

Real quick, no coffee yet, slept late...

I was talking about "Screaming Eagle Shit"

"Screaming Eagles" is what the 101st Airborn Army Pukes call themselves.

I was trying to be funny when I told Janie that.

It sorta got lost in translation.

I'll read the rest of your comment with coffee....

Kisses,
Kate

 

On 8/06/2006 07:59:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I think Steve Story and jujuquisp are getting friendly if you know what I mean. Wasn't it Kate who said they would? Is there a pool on the date it happens?

http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=SP;f=14;t=1274;p=27119

 

On 8/06/2006 08:03:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I must confess I had no clue of the lineage of "screaming eagle shit". Right over my head. ZOOM!

 

On 8/06/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well I said Steve and k.e....

I could be wrong. That happened once before.

 

On 8/06/2006 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I must confess I had no clue of the lineage of "screaming eagle shit". Right over my head. ZOOM!

Well I only know because I worked with some Army guys from time to time...

They actually weren't bad guys... for Pukes, I mean.

 

On 8/06/2006 08:09:00 PM, Blogger DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

I could be wrong. That happened once before.

Yeah, me too. Thought I was wrong once. What was your mistake?

 

On 8/06/2006 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"What was your mistake?"

I signed up to get these really pretty blue uniforms and a cool hat...

 

On 8/06/2006 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Corporal Kate waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Did I mention the hat was free?

 

On 8/11/2006 07:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

"On August 04, 2006 4:52 AM, DaveScot waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

You's girls should swear more often to get the traffic up! Take lessons from Kate. Marines can swear better than sailors you know. Sailors are our bus drivers, by the way. Well, Kate's bus driver. I was a wing wiper and didn't get near ships."


All you marines are just jealous that you didn't get to play with the really big guns. 'Tis such a shame they aren't used anymore.

16" Guns
USS Wisconsin
AP
USS Iowa

You should not miss a chance to see one if it ever presents itself.

USS North Carolina
vino

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.