Sunday, July 16, 2006

A New Sunday Tradition

Well it looks like we're not going to make it to church today. It's probably just as well...


After last week's incident Mrs. R. and the gossip net probably need a break. We'll dial up their blood pressure again next week, maybe.

However, Kate and I have decided that "breezy under our dresses" will be our regular Sunday attire. Get near us with a camera on your tennis shoe though, and you'll wind up with a black eye from each of us!

Just so y'know.


5 Eloquent Orations:

On 7/16/2006 02:24:00 PM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

What? Nuthin'?

You got NUTHIN'???

Is this thing on?

Hello?

Two pretty girls (if we do say so ourselves) are runnin' around town with nuthin' on under their dresses every Sunday, and YOU GOT NUTHIN'?

Losers.

:)

 

On 7/17/2006 08:44:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Curious. What denomination are you? Would you consider changing to one that would be more accepting of your lifestyle?

Note: I'm not here to recruit you to one. I'm just curious on your thoughts.

 

On 7/17/2006 08:53:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Well, I (Kate) am an atheist.

I (JanieBelle) was raised in a Baptist church, but a pretty liberal one. I'm not glued at the hip to any denomination. Christianity, even, really.

I believe in God. Sort of. Not really the old guy with the beard raining down wrath and hellfire and brimstone, more of a spiritual connection between us and the universe around us.

I once read a book called "Stranger in a Strange Land" that really summarizes my view a little better than the Bible.

"I grok God. I am God. Kate is God." I grok Kate. As frequently as I can.

And with that fellas we are getting in the shower.

Together.

Naked.

Horny.

Dream a little dream of us.

 

On 7/17/2006 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Clint Bourgeois waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, but would you consider changing to one where you didn't feel judged when you went there?

Or maybe you are comfortable at your current church?

I'm agnostic, but I attend church with my wife who was raised in the United Church of Christ. They take anybody!

 

On 7/17/2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger JanieBelle waxed damned near poetic whilst opining...

Ok, we're back from our little interlude in the shower.

BR,

Sure I'd consider changing. I've been to all kinds of churches. The Catholics have the prettiest ones by far. And as much as I don't think that what they do actually accomplishes anything, I have to say their services are downright beautiful.

Let me just go back and clarify the "I was raised in a Baptist church" comment.

Mom and Dad took me to a Baptist church (probably about every other week or so). They felt that there were a lot of good things that could be taken from church. The church we went to was the church that all their friends attended, and they were all good people.

Both Mom and Dad, as well as Pastor Steve the Youth Pastor, felt that what kind of a person you were was much more important than what label people hung on you, or what the sign outside the church said.

So I guess I've always identified with Christianity more out of tradition than doctrine.

The Church I attend now just got chosen because Ruthie goes there, and she chose it because it's the closest Baptist Church to her house.

As for comfort, yeah, we may have worn out our welcome there, but you KNOW we have to go back there at least a few more times, just for spite.

It's no big deal, though. If they don't want us, we don't want them. And Ruthie won't go back either, after we're done making them squirm.

It's funny how nice they were to me, and how much they talked about "Love thy neighbor"...

Right up 'til they figured out I was munchin' the carpet.

Prudes.

The real losers here are the boys (and definitely some of the girls) in the youth group who've been checking me (and now Kate) out and dreaming smutty things about us.

Poor kids.

 

Post a Comment

Oratory is now open to everyone. PLEASE don't make me moderate it. Also, be kind enough to sign your orations.